Server monitor change - affecting base building

ToejaM

Question

Something that has been changed in the server_monitor.sqf is causing objects to not spawn in when using a saved database (i.e moving my database over to the new patch on my test server)

Its something to do with how the objects are now streamed causing this error:

4:44:04 "HIVE: connection problem... HiveExt response:["ObjectStreamStart",5689]"
4:44:04 "HIVE: trying to get objects"
4:44:04 "HIVE: connection problem... HiveExt

Any ideas people? Devs?

10 answers to this question

At first I thought it was related to all the old owned objects like safes and cars with the longer charids so I deleted all of those and that wasn't the fix.

http://pastebin.com/nPJffe82

Thats from a fresh start and from me joining.. immediately it has an issue getting the objects from the database it can see what it wants just can't spawn them for some reason.

I tried using the old server monitor and it spawned the items (could see them when in the lobby when i aborted) but it just gave ME a black screen and nothing else no matter how long I waited!

and this is a completely fresh install + mods like acex_sm/jsrs/cba ect so nothing directly modifying the files like other mods, even base building.

http://pastebin.com/UL3rCz1y

It spawns vehicles but refuses to spawn anything that is buildable, including tents. Confirmed by my admin tool only showing vehicles and no tents at all.

Ok, the problem is somewhat from the new server monitor, it is basically breaking due to you having more than 2000 objects. I would suggest that you do some cleanup like what is found here to remove damage=1 vehicles. http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php/Server_Installation_Instructions_Extended

You have 5415 objects trying to load, You can try increasing the limit however I would suggest you just cleanup the database to get it down to way lower than 2000.

Change:

if ((((isnil "_hiveResponse") || {(typeName _hiveResponse != "ARRAY")}) || {((typeName (_hiveResponse select 1)) != "SCALAR")}) || {(_hiveResponse select 1 > 2000)}) then { 

To:

if ((((isnil "_hiveResponse") || {(typeName _hiveResponse != "ARRAY")}) || {((typeName (_hiveResponse select 1)) != "SCALAR")}) || {(_hiveResponse select 1 > 6000)}) then {

Aye exactly what you posted vbawol - everything is spawning. I know nothing about coding, only sticking to tutorials and I just happened to see this while staring bloody eyed at the new monitor.. which was my first culprit and noticed that and gave it a try.

I have that many objects due to base building, safes and vehicles but thanks to the hardware we run (3.8ghz xeon/32gb ram/solid state drive).. we often get complimented on having the smoothest running server :)

Edit appreciate you looking at it and confirming the fix, I spent all night last night from 11pm to 5am trying different combinations of mods and doing lots of tests, plus around 4 hours today before I even posted on here