Can't get WAI to work

AiiDynBrus

Question

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've played with Arma 2, so I though I'd give it a go again. I've been having issues with WAI, I have a fresh install of a server and am trying to install it onto my server.

I'm getting the below error, the files it says error for are actually in the correct file path. I get stuck on "Waiting for server to start authentication".

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4b187d897b684acb554f5c3003eaba51.png

Anyone have any ideas what's causing this?

14 answers to this question

1 minute ago, JasonTM said:

It looks like you didn't repack your server PBO. Those error messages say that it can't find files in the server PBO.

That’s what I thought too, but I use PBO Manager to re-pack “dayz_server” and it’s a PBO file. Unless PBO Manager isn’t packing the folder correctly, is there a way to know if the software is faulty?

Just now, JasonTM said:

Don't keep backup PBOs in there. The server will read them and cause errors.

Sorry, I think I worded that last comment incorrectly. I don’t keep pbo backups in the actual pbo file. The server hosting company keeps a server back up, but I also have a copy of the working pbo file else where.

12 minutes ago, JasonTM said:

Unpack the PBO and repack it. Check to make sure that no extra directories were created. When you unpack it, you should have a dayz_server folder. When you open that all of the other folders should be inside.

I’ve unpacked and re-packed the folder over 20-40 times in the past 12 hours and still no luck.