Napf for A3 Epoch

megaz

Question

Searched forum cant find much about Napf- does no one use it ? -

I started a new server with GTX Gaming but cant find how to set up Napf map, Read a bit about loading the Napf files in to the sever as a mod (@Napf folder in the main Server folder) and add @Napf to the start bat. Tried but would not work had loads of errors ie

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.Napf'.
15:10:20 Warning Message: No entry '.gridNumbersOverLines'.
15:10:20 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
15:10:20 Warning Message: No entry '.centerPosition'.
15:10:20 Warning Message: []: '/' not an array
15:10:20 Cannot evaluate '' - no file
15:10:20 Warning Message: []: '/' not an array
15:10:20 Cannot evaluate '' - no file

then i tried a few different versions of Napf

Stuck with this one at the moment :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1425442364

when trying to join server i was also getting errors 1 from A3 Laucher showing server as Epoch experimental so it wont load as its not on steam and other from within Arma 3 (see pics  )2.thumb.png.8998b0f3e0b8f8b811f74f0144ee170b.png738087_1.thumb.png.c3b0227c997889f4a24f363cdcf7cf47.png

So my real question is does some have a how too instructions of loading Napf on to a A3 Epoch server.

or can give me some more insite on how to do it

Thanks in advance

MegaZ

3 answers to this question

Hey there.

I just threw up a test server using the Napf version you link to in your first post and everything worked fine first time.
2865b93918019cbdb64c35ffe5a10c47.png

From what you've posted - the only difference I see is in your start.bat. You need to have Napf in the -servermod, and I think you need to add these " at beginning and end where you have spaces in names.

Here's my start.bat  
-mod=@Epoch;  -serverMod="@EpochHive;@Napf Island A3;@CUP Terrains - Core;"

Give that a try.

Just in case you didn't get this working or some one else runs across this. The Armaholic version is correct. Also Flattermann just added the Napf map to the Steam workshop here,https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1425442364&searchtext=

Both of these versions work fine. Your start bat for GTX servers is almost correct. There is no Quotation marks(") needed for GTX. You only need @CUP Terrains - Core to run Napf. If you are running your own dedi you're going to need quotation marks around the mod line if you have spaces.Like this example....."-mod=@epoch;@Napf Island A3;@CUP Terrains - Core;" Run your map and  CUP Terrains - Core , client side. That is the -mod= line . In your mission.sqm ....list "Napf" in "addons[]=". Make sure the mission file is named the same as the template. Also on GTX it says EPOCH START LINE. That means @Epoch is already configured and you don't need to include it in the line at all. Same for the -servermod= line, no @EpochHive needed. I hope this helps.

EDIT= Epoch may have pre-made mission files? Sorry , roll my own.

Edited by KELLEY
EPOCH