Preparing Missions scenario

SmokeyBR

Question

im doing some new missions but ive always had a really hard time setting the position of objetcs in relation to the center of the mission, i also have a hard time setting the setDir just right for each object.

there must be a way of doing this in the editor only i have no ideia how to do it, anyone know how ? perhaps a tutorial should be prepared i bet im not the only one that find hard preparing mission scenarios and testing on a server.

2 answers to this question

On 2/9/2018 at 6:58 PM, SmokeyBR said:

im doing some new missions but ive always had a really hard time setting the position of objetcs in relation to the center of the mission, i also have a hard time setting the setDir just right for each object.

there must be a way of doing this in the editor only i have no ideia how to do it, anyone know how ? perhaps a tutorial should be prepared i bet im not the only one that find hard preparing mission scenarios and testing on a server.

i managed to modify macas base manager to get this work... it actually works great. the only thing i havnt figured out yet is how to get the output to only show the directions in their own array... it can be done manually no problem.

I did have a hard time with positive and negative positions, but mr Salival came to the rescue and fixed that :)

what i endup doing was using ebay´s example for using the testkit inside the editor 

Create a WAI/testmission.sqf inside your Arma 2 OA folder

1. Place a center, group and unit.
  2. Set the unit to playable.
  3. In the unit's init field enter execVM "WAI\testmission.sqf"
  4. Optionally save the mission for easy loading next time.

and in testmission.sqf i would put the mission scenario for example:

// Get a safe position 80 meters from the nearest object
	_position		= [7424.5459, 7807.2402, -323.13074];

// Create some Buildings
	_baserunover0 	= createVehicle ["KORD_high_TK_EP1",[(_position select 0) - 20, (_position select 1) + 20,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	_baserunover1 	= createVehicle ["KORD_high_TK_EP1",[(_position select 0) - 20, (_position select 1) - 20,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	_baserunover2 	= createVehicle ["MTVR",[(_position select 0) - 10, (_position select 1),0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	_baserunover3 	= createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[(_position select 0), (_position select 1),0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	_baserunover3 	= createVehicle ["Land_CamoNetB_NATO",[(_position select 0), (_position select 1),0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

// Adding buildings to one variable just for tidiness
	_baserunover = [_baserunover0,_baserunover1,_baserunover2,_baserunover3];

// Set some directions for our buildings
	_directions = [0,0,0,90,0];
	{ _x setDir (_directions select _forEachIndex) } forEach _baserunover;

// Make buildings flat on terrain surface
	//{ _x setVectorUp surfaceNormal position _x; } count _baserunover;

so add vehicles or remove it save it and load it on the editor to see how it looks.