Keys - Ways to enhance or fix them

MacMerritt

So one thing we have noticed is people mixing up keys. I have a few ideas for adding to Epoch to enhance the key situation.

Labels - There should be a label as to what key goes to what vehicle. Something as simple as "Humvee key", "Helicopter key", etc. Ive heard about people selling their vehicle and not knowing which key to drop since the key stays in your inventory after a vehicle is sold.

Removing Key when sold - Like the previous idea. The key to the vehicle needs to disappear along with the vehicle when it is sold. This would reduce confusion and "key clutter".

Key Ring - I was thinking about this prior to the latest patch notes, and since you are making a briefcase to care bars, why not make a key ring to carry up to 10 keys. That way the keys only take up 1 inventory/toolbelt slot. Also make it interactive like looking in your bag, that way you can add/remove keys from the key ring.

Lastly and I know others have touched on this, but the gear should be locked with the vehicle doors. However I would like to see people be able to use a crowbar to break into a vehicle and access the gear. Thus if you have a crowbar you can see the gear menu, no crowbar=no gear menu. Just a thought.

Do we know if the keys are color coded by vehicle type or could there be a way to do this.

Yellow = Civilian vehicles (Hilux, Skoda, Lada, GAZ, etc.)

Blue = Trucks ( Urals, V3S, etc.)

Black = Aircraft (Helis, Gyrocopters, planes)

Red = Eastern Military  (UAZs, PK Datsuns, DSHKM Offroad, etc.)

Green = Western Military (Humvees, Land Rovers, etc.)

Purple = Armored Vehicles (GAZ_Vodnik, etc.)

Would just be nice to help organize peoples collections of keys.

I Plate/Number on hover over the key and a Number Plate on bought vehicles would be pretty snazzy.. 

Key Ring would be nice. Wish to carry more than 2 keys .. the bigger the fall.

Combine and split with 3 or more keys?

Nice little leather pouch with a zombie carved as the model :)

Whilst I was running around as I do.. testing the extras. I by chanced a rabbit.. running across the field. I took aim and Blamo! Got him!

Now whilst Gutting said rabbit for his tasty parts I was thinking I would love a chance drop on rabbits.. a Rabbit Foot..

This could be used, in conjunction with 1x Aluminium to craft a Key Ring (As an Item) near a workshop

From there if you have 3 or more keys in your toolbelt you can "Craft/Combine" them at a workshop into a Key Chain..(Keys plus Key Ring)

The key-ring would hold an array of all the key IDs so you can unlock and lock any vehicles with keys attached.

This can then be "Uncrafted" Return each key individually and your Key-ring Item to Craft once again to add more keys if you should choose.

Ideas?

The End product for me Key-Chain would still make its way back to a Toolbelt item, just a combination of said keys in an array if possible over a single.

The Inventory Items was just to trigger the combining and then the putting back into the toolkit? Possible?

• 2 months later...