People ask, you offer, they bitch! lol

MatthewK

Anyone else here offered a certain someone on here asking for an Epoch server to join, a place on your server and then had them send you a long snotty nosed ill-informed uneducated reply full of bullshit about lag related features connected with your server, like animated heli crashes and "a butt load of other scripts".  My server runs at 45-50fps with half load, with all my scripts running and this upstart who obviously has a stick up his arse replies to my offer telling me before he's even tried my server, that my server does not meet his very high standards, for many reasons but mostly that all my scripts WILL cause massive lag (he talks like he's the wizzard of dayz or something), not to mention that animated heli crashes cause massive lag too you know (fact, apparently).. He goes on to mention that having bandit camps at NE and Skali makes it difficult for others to build bases (wtf?) and that my 30+ bandit missions are laggy and make it difficult for base building or something, I lost interest after 2 paragraphs of him slagging off my efforts.  

He ends his message by saying "I'll keep searching"..

Yeah, good...

*$&£~@:"$%! hate people like that.. Makes me 3 times as grumpy than normal..  

I don't care what people say, every server owner I know works bloody hard to keep the lag issues down, not to mention even harder to keep their players happy.  So, MR Lag-Be-Gone , if you're so ****** knowledgeable on this shit, build your own server and join that..

Lots of love,

Mr Grumpy, 

I get emails like that in my business, people feel the need to educate you about your products even though they obviously know FA and have no intention of buying anything in the first place. But yeah I notice people bitch a lot about servers they don't pay for or realise the effort it takes to run one. 

On mediocre servers animated heli/plane crashes do cause a fair performance drop, the issue is with the server not the script. Since moving to Vert I've had outstanding performance even running it for 24 hours with AI. 

One day I hope to have a dedicated box with headless client for all my AI.  Someone on here should start up a server cooperative, where a bunch of peeps put their cash together to buy one dedicated box that would easily run a dozen dayz servers, at about the same cost as what you pay for hosting your current dayz server with hundreds of others.  Plus people get full control over versions and virtual desktops etc for running gotcha, web based admin tools, and so on.. I'm actually running out of juice personally, or i'd start this project up.  But I'm gone in February , saving the world n stuff :P

I feel you there buddy, It comes with anything. If they see something with a lot of time and effort put into it, something that deep down they are impressed with, they get pleasure of trying to run you down by trying to make you believe that your efforts were all for nothing or that you shouldn't of even bothered in the first place. 

You have the right response though, these people can go elsewhere, or make something of their own. When something gets popular you will always get this bullshit. Best bet is to let it slide off your shoulder then their pointless and frankly childish efforts to piss you off will have gone to waste and the 30 minutes of their lives they took to write out this 50 word evil mastermind of internet douchbaggery will have gone to waste. 

Keep fighting the goodfight ;)

• 1 month later...

I to have had issues when i decided to do a server wipe after running the server for a year and never wiping then i get one player that sends me a essay.

saying how much of a asshole i am and that im personally screwing him over. i have a player base of 30 and one person has a problem.

Then i added some extra vehicles to the database like btr90hq lav25hq and the new added pooks and the btr40 and i was told we are a pay to win server.

the thing is i don't give my players a thing. even for dona tors.

some people are just a joke