Introduction - Payden

Payden

Greetings all!

Not sure where to post this, couldn't find an "introduction" section, please move it if appropriate.

Anyway, relatively new to the forums, recently re-addicted to Arma 2 DayZ.

Some of you will know Duke (ESLK).  I'm a recent addition to the clan and hope to be helping Duke with some of his scripting.

Not new to scripting - career software engineer with USAF, Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman ... recently retired so looking for work with ESLK:)

Chasing around a problem with drinking/filling a canteen from a crafted well this morning, turns out:

- Can't fill water bottle at crafted well

From water_fill.sqf:

_wells = ["Land_pumpa","Land_Barrel_water","Land_Misc_Well_C_EP1","Land_Misc_Well_L_EP1","land_smd_water_pump"];

Crafted: Map_Misc_WellPump, Map_Misc_Well and Map_Pump also can be crafted

Need to twist Duke's arm to help me figure out how you go about either fixing this on our local server or passing it along so it can get rolled into the next update.

Enough about me - happy to be here and enjoying getting into the weeds behind a game that may very well sink my marriage ;)

Thanks!

Mike (aka Payden)

WELLCOME @Payden !! dont worry about carreers or jobs...im Sound enginer and works as rental apartament agent:laugh:

if  i understand well you want add or change the default water sources.

this

_wells = ["Land_pumpa","Land_Barrel_water","Land_Misc_Well_C_EP1","Land_Misc_Well_L_EP1","land_smd_water_pump"]; 

by this other

Map_Misc_WellPump, Map_Misc_Well, Map_Pump

i not sure if water_fill is used.. but try with player_drinkWater.sqf.... but thers a "problem"  this file is into dayz_code.pbo  so anykind of change into this pbo dsnt take effect.

Then you need drop this file into mpmissions folder or dayz_server.pbo.   to made it.. you need made change the path for water_fill.sqf

and here thers the same "problem" fn_selfactions is in dayz_code. So you also have to drop this file out and change the path. But hers is the third problem LOL.. to change the path of fn_selfactions you need a compiles.sqf , and compiles.sqf is in dayz_code.pbo.  So lets start.

You need a custom compiles.sqf /custom fn_selfactions.sqf  custom player_drinkwater.sqf

Follow this guide to MAKE YOUR CUSTOM VARIABLES//COMPILES//FN_SELFACTIONS.sqf

Spoiler

Onces you do it. Open your custom fn_selfactions.sqf

and change the path in this line

s_player_Drinkfromhands = player addAction [localize "STR_ACTIONS_DRINK2", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_drinkWater.sqf",player, 0.5, false, true];

for example:

s_player_Drinkfromhands = player addAction [localize "STR_ACTIONS_DRINK2", "custom\player_drinkWater.sqf",player, 0.5, false, true];

now drop the player_drinkWater.sqf in mpmissions\yourinstance\custom\

open it and add your water sources

Spoiler

_canFill = count nearestObjects [_playerPos, ["Land_pumpa","Land_water_tank","Map_Misc_WellPump","Map_Misc_Well","Map_Pump"], 4] > 0;

more clean... folow this guide if u dont have a custom fn_Selfactions

Spoiler

once you did it.. find this line

s_player_Drinkfromhands = player addAction [localize "STR_ACTIONS_DRINK2", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_drinkWater.sqf",player, 0.5, false, true];

for example:

s_player_Drinkfromhands = player addAction [localize "STR_ACTIONS_DRINK2", "custom\player_drinkWater.sqf",player, 0.5, false, true];

now drop the player_drinkWater.sqf in mpmissions\yourinstance\custom\

open it and add your water sources here

_canFill = count nearestObjects [_playerPos, ["Land_pumpa","Land_water_tank","Map_Misc_WellPump","Map_Misc_Well","Map_Pump"], 4] > 0;