Switched hosts, weird errors

cloneruler

Question

5 answers to this question

Go to your init.sqf and replace

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "z\@Dayz_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";

with

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";

The hoster you were using had a different path.

Just a FYI, GTX is better than Vilayer, but dont expect much better. They reply faster, but for the most part they have no clue what they are doing.  And they might not be able to find your backups even though you pay for them...

And AWFUL doesnt even begin to explain Vilayer.... Im extremely  surprised they are still in business. I tried and tried and tried to look for a BBB for the UK and report them.. no dice
I have TONS of proof that would have these guys investigated at least...

anyways im getting off topic lol...

Heres what i suggest, if your PC can handle it, install a TEST server on your pc, then from there you can upload your files to ANY host. Thats what i did with vilayer and GTX and when it got the time to get a dedicated box, the knowledge was already there.  Plus having it on your PC is much easier to test scripts.

8 hours ago, DAmNRelentless said:

Go to your init.sqf and replace

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "z\@Dayz_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";

with

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";

The hoster you were using had a different path.

I changed that singe we last spoke on discord - I was just trying things hoping to get it working lol

39 minutes ago, theduke said:

Just a FYI, GTX is better than Vilayer, but dont expect much better. They reply faster, but for the most part they have no clue what they are doing.  And they might not be able to find your backups even though you pay for them...

And AWFUL doesnt even begin to explain Vilayer.... Im extremely  surprised they are still in business. I tried and tried and tried to look for a BBB for the UK and report them.. no dice
I have TONS of proof that would have these guys investigated at least...

anyways im getting off topic lol...

Heres what i suggest, if your PC can handle it, install a TEST server on your pc, then from there you can upload your files to ANY host. Thats what i did with vilayer and GTX and when it got the time to get a dedicated box, the knowledge was already there.  Plus having it on your PC is much easier to test scripts.

Yeah, Vilayer is literally the worst hosting company I've ever bought from. But I had all my scripts working on the Vilayer server with no errors like this, this is what I don't get.