Spawning in water in lingor island

theduke

Question

So i started working on a lingor map.

I used my cherno 1061 server, and copied it. Changed the appropriate things needed for lingor. all works great.

Except, when i die, i spawn in water. Also when i spawn in the map using essv3, 5 minutes later i shut the server, come back my character gear is wiped.

I've done server copies like this many times, cherno to tavi. trying out diff maps... so the process isnt new.

After searching a bit, i found this post

https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/13854-we-spawn-swimming-in-the-ground-with-a-very-high-percentage/?do=findComment&comment=288897

but the thread was locked. Probably cause 1061 questions got into a 1051 thread.

So here i am making a new thread about this issue. 

Anyone else other than @Cherdenko and I that have this issue on lingor?

3 answers to this question

17 hours ago, oldmatechoc said:

My gear gets wiped sometimes if i restart the server and dont log off beforehand. (Only happens on my Lingor server)

Also with lingor i could never get halo spawn to work. You would just sit in free fall but not move. Didnt mater what i set the halo drop height to.

As with spawning in the ocean have you changed your mission.sqm to suit lingor? (spawn points).

Ive had to use the old 1051 swim fix from ebay. To fix swimming in the ground on login.

Yeah i know this problem also

Maybe we have to try a workaround with playerforcesafe so it safes when you log out.

If you are using essv3 and infistar, ive posted a fix for this which just removes infistars check for ai drivers so that might also work for you...

With the fix from ebaydayz you mean creating a platform at the debug zone?

official bug fix from ebbayshopper on the github page of the epochmod: @oldmatechoc @theduke

hsa to added at the end of the server functions

/*
	Create platform if respawn_west position is in water
	Makes sure player is standing instead of swimming when teleported to land or air
*/
private "_platform";
if (surfaceIsWater respawn_west_original) then {
 	_platform = createVehicle ["Land_Dirthump01",[0,0,0],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
	_platform setPosASL [respawn_west_original select 0, respawn_west_original select 1, -0.1];
	_platform setVehicleInit "this enableSimulation false;this allowDamage false;";
	processInitCommands;
}; 

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/commit/ad7a12771abf32458a6019aa619f42d496049b01

On 3/21/2017 at 10:01 AM, oldmatechoc said:

My gear gets wiped sometimes if i restart the server and dont log off beforehand. (Only happens on my Lingor server)

Ahh that makes sense.  Guess its a bad habit to shut down the server while still ingame lol  Did this so i didnt have to restart arma 2 everytime i wanted to test a script.

Also, Thanks ebay!