Boxingdelta26

Question

10 answers to this question

This is the arma 3 forum, but in your init.sqf place

DZE_GemWorthArray = [];

Also you can either remove mine veins to stop gems being found with

MaxMineVeins = 0;

Or if you want keep the veins but change the gems put

MaxMineVeins = 5; or whatever number you want and then edit this. Im not 100% sure if you can remove all the entries to remove the gems or set them to 0. Someone else will need to confirm that.

DZE_GemOccurance = [["ItemTopaz",10], ["ItemObsidian",8], ["ItemSapphire",6], ["ItemAmethyst",4], ["ItemEmerald",3], ["ItemCitrine",2], ["ItemRuby",1]]; //Sets how rare each gem is in the order shown when mining (whole numbers only)

10 minutes ago, lwbuk said:

This is the arma 3 forum, but in your init.sqf place

DZE_GemWorthArray = [];

Also you can either remove mine veins to stop gems being found with

MaxMineVeins = 0;

Or if you want keep the veins but change the gems put

MaxMineVeins = 5; or whatever number you want and then edit this. Im not 100% sure if you can remove all the entries to remove the gems or set them to 0. Someone else will need to confirm that.

DZE_GemOccurance = [["ItemTopaz",10], ["ItemObsidian",8], ["ItemSapphire",6], ["ItemAmethyst",4], ["ItemEmerald",3], ["ItemCitrine",2], ["ItemRuby",1]]; //Sets how rare each gem is in the order shown when mining (whole numbers only)

Woops, sorry was mean't to go into the Arma 2 Scripting.

However, thankyou I will give this ago. I thought about emptying the array for gem worth but a player said he sold something at a trader which then the trader gave him a gem back so I was think this maybe something to do with a database change? I could be wrong though.

No, put the  gem array line in and traders will no longer give gems as change. They also wont accept gems, so if you want players to be able to sell gems they already have, youll need to make a new trader catgory to sell them for briefcases.

On 22/01/2017 at 8:23 PM, lwbuk said:

No, put the  gem array line in and traders will no longer give gems as change. They also wont accept gems, so if you want players to be able to sell gems they already have, youll need to make a new trader catgory to sell them for briefcases.

I have done this ( making the array empty) and no joys. Traders are still giving gems as money back when selling items. Any other suggestions or guidance? 

18 hours ago, Boxingdelta26 said:

Got this working. As you said i should put it in the init file. However, the same array was in the dayz config file so thought if i changed it there it would work but it didn't

Changed it in the init and now works ok. Thankyou 

You need to move the configuration file mission side and re point it's location, then the changes in it will work

5 hours ago, SideShowFreak said:

You need to move the configuration file mission side and re point it's location, then the changes in it will work

No, you just need to put the variables you want to change below the execution of the variable file.  In this case, the variable is in ConfigVariables.sqf (the line linked to here: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/init.sqf#L47 ) Variables in this file should be defined BELOW the include line that I linked to. 

There is another variables.sqf file, which is for pre-1.0.6 and vanilla variables. usually variables in this file have an !isNil check, so you are safe to place variables above the variables.sqf call compile line