1.6 Safezone

juandayz

1 minute ago, lwbuk said:

We were all new once :)

The execVM for infistar has to be at the top of server_functions, or it wont work. The 3 infistar files have to be in the init folder within the dayz_server pbo

alright. so i just followed the instructions in the redme file which says:

01.    get something to extract a .pbo file (I recommend 'pbo manager'). // http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369
02.    get the "dayz_server.pbo" file from your Server.
03.    extract the file.    // (right click -> PBO MANAGER -> Extract to dayz_server\)
04.    open dayz_server -> init -> "server_functions.sqf" with notepad or something semilar.
05.    go to the very BOTTOM of the "server_functions.sqf" file
06.    copy paste:
        [] execVM "\a2_infiSTAR\AH.sqf";

07.    Now you move the a2_infiSTAR that was within the download from update.infiSTAR.de into your Arma2 server folder. The AHconfig.sqf, AH.sqf and AT.sqf should be in it!

Since my rpt is too large to upload on here and includes more than 16000 lines... wtf... i gotta upload it somewhere else and refer to it. just a sec

12 minutes ago, juandayz said:

dont worry everyone here sometime was new :smile:.  your init.sqf looks fine. so you dont have issues here i guess. take the iwbuk suggest and tell us if you fix it.

the rpt. is in:

YOUR SERVER ROOT\instance_11_Chernarus\arma2oaserver.RPT

21 minutes ago, lwbuk said:

Infistar is a one line install in server_functions.sqf in your Dayz_Epoch_Server/addons/Dayz_server.pbo in the Init folder

You cant run it any other way, it has to be this way.

This goes at the very top.

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\init\AH.sqf";

Copy AH,AT,and AHconfig.sqf into the same init folder as server_functions.sqf,  edit AHconfig to add your Puid. Follow the readme included with infistar to turn off the default antihack in init.sqf, its two lines need changing. Repack your PBO and it should work.

The safezone script doesnt need infistar, so again, one line in init.sqf and it should work.

You must have done soemthing to break a function somewhere and its not being called.

Also post your server rpt so we can see if something is causing it. Does the rpt show infistar initialising? Shoud be pretty obvious if it is, as it uses up quite a few lines of the rpt when it first loads.

Here it is:

http://www.megafileupload.com/8ep4/arma2oaserver.RPT

Warning Message: Script a2_infiSTAR\AH.sqf not found

@lwbuk

if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
  Error position: <BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_init
File ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf, line 28
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\compile\spawn_mineveins.sqf not found

3 minutes ago, juandayz said:

@lwbuk

if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
  Error position: <BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_init
File ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf, line 28
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\compile\spawn_mineveins.sqf not found

Now some of these error messages can be cause from my attempts to get infistar working in another location. the minevein issue should be based on the fact, that i removed it from the compile folder. even though i got no idea of those lines you found, this might help to clear things out. idk (^:

1 minute ago, juandayz said:

mmm maybe if u have a clean server without mods or customs scripts.. a nice idea its remake it from 0 again

yea i might do that. didnt do too much yet anyway. as mentioned, it has been 4 days now and i couldnt seem to get anything working anyway. Also there arent too many updated scripts for 1.0.6 huh? i found fixes for the ai-missions and some other stuff but no single currency script for example. so without help, i couldnt ever set up a working server.

Just now, MakeLoveWork said:

yea i might do that. didnt do too much yet anyway. as mentioned, it has been 4 days now and i couldnt seem to get anything working anyway. Also there arent too many updated scripts for 1.0.6 huh? i found fixes for the ai-missions and some other stuff but no single currency script for example. so without help, i couldnt ever set up a working server.

well see.. the epoch 1.6 become with most common mods of 1.0.5.1..  (not single currency)  but you will need a custom ConfigVariables.sqf to set up all of this.

here you got a guide to know how to made a custom  configvariables.sqf

1 minute ago, juandayz said:

well see.. the epoch 1.6 become with most common mods of 1.0.5.1..  (not single currency)  but you will need a custom ConfigVariables.sqf to set up all of this.

here you got a guide to know how to made a custom  configvariables.sqf

yea i found that post already and saved it in my browser so i could take a look at it later :) but can this solve the single currency issue or anything like this? Cause the metal system is a pain. Also i've seen coin-scripts on 1.0.6 server

yea i found that post already and saved it in my browser so i could take a look at it later :) but can this solve the single currency issue or anything like this? Cause the metal system is a pain. Also i've seen coin-scripts on 1.0.6 server

thers some scripters who made a single currency for 1.6  but they dont share :laugh:.. any way i think the best is wait for @zupa update,

You dont need to touch the database for traders, they are config based. Youll find them in Dayz_Code, but youll need to do some work if you want to edit prices and such, as you need to move all those files severside into your mission folder. There is a thread on here about it, but I cant find it right now and I gotta go to the Doctors :D

Yea i will get through this post and see if i end up with questions opr problems. Is there any way to contact you, if you dont mind? Dont want to put it all on these threads as well :x

my phone number  is +54 03487 but im in argentina so almost 10 dollars per minute the call... :biggrin: just send a MP

6 hours ago, lwbuk said:

We were all new once :)

The execVM for infistar has to be at the top of server_functions, or it wont work. The 3 infistar files have to be in the init folder within the dayz_server pbo

the instructions for infistar have changed. the ah files go in a2_infiSTAR folder not in the pbo's but the root of the server and the call is suppose to go at the end of the file not the beginning. sorry i don't have the readme in front of me at the moment,

7 minutes ago, kingpapawawa said:

the instructions for infistar have changed. the ah files go in a2_infiSTAR folder not in the pbo's but the root of the server and the call is suppose to go at the end of the file not the beginning. sorry i don't have the readme in front of me at the moment,

So I see. The December files have the old way, the January one has this way. I didnt even bother reading the Jan readme.  Im running the January fine the old way fine though.

Wonder why its changed?

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2017 at 10:30 PM, lwbuk said:

So I see. The December files have the old way, the January one has this way. I didnt even bother reading the Jan readme.  Im running the January fine the old way fine though.

Wonder why its changed?

PLEASE. HELP. ME.

I've used 2 fucking full days trying to get this to work. I've tried both installing it the old way, and the new way that's included in the newest readme.

Whenever I install it, I get kicked with the error "Public Variable Restriction #0". I fixed that by adding the exception in variable.txt. After adding the exception, though, I just get stuck at "Requesting Characters Data From Server..." I let it sit there for like 10 minutes and nothing happened.

Then I tried installing it without the BE filters. I could actually get into the server then, but another problem arose. Whenever I would spawn a vehicle, and drive in it, I would instantly explode, killing me no matter if I had god mode or not. I suspect that happens cause I didn't update filters? But whenever I do update filters I can't even join the server.... AHHHHHHHHHH

Really need help, cant see what the problem is.

2 hours ago, TheCobra said:

PLEASE. HELP. ME.

I've used 2 fucking full days trying to get this to work. I've tried both installing it the old way, and the new way that's included in the newest readme.

Whenever I install it, I get kicked with the error "Public Variable Restriction #0". I fixed that by adding the exception in variable.txt. After adding the exception, though, I just get stuck at "Requesting Characters Data From Server..." I let it sit there for like 10 minutes and nothing happened.

Then I tried installing it without the BE filters. I could actually get into the server then, but another problem arose. Whenever I would spawn a vehicle, and drive in it, I would instantly explode, killing me no matter if I had god mode or not. I suspect that happens cause I didn't update filters? But whenever I do update filters I can't even join the server.... AHHHHHHHHHH

Really need help, cant see what the problem is.

If you want help, you need to help us.

Post your server AND client .RPT files otherwise we are just guessing.

24 minutes ago, salival said:

If you want help, you need to help us.

Post your server AND client .RPT files otherwise we are just guessing.

I'm running overpoch, on chernarus. 

This is whats in my .RPT file  http://pastebin.com/aCvienmB

This is whats in my publicvariable.log  http://pastebin.com/Y15nzyDZ

Just noticed you said client files too, sorry, where will i find my .rpt file clientside?