Vehicles vanish for a few restarts, then come back again.

82ndAB_Bravo17

On 6/16/2016 at 8:35 PM, vbawol said:

I took another stab at it, this time making vehicles spawn at a temp location [0,0,0] totally immune to damage and after about 120 seconds re-enabling damage and setting hit points. (EPOCH_load_vehicles.sqf)

Also, the invalid vehicle token check was not working if the simulation handler was disabled (server_monitor.fsm) .

0.3.9.0528:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/commit/80f4f9a44962788659709e591bd60ac684e3c09f

Good afternoon your Lordship. Will be putting this on my server today. One question though: I have in the past used the immunevehicle system to God Mode vehicles all the way through until a player unlocks it for the first time so that people could not just go around blowing up vehicles while other players were at work or otherwise engaged (and then have to explain that, no, it wasn't a server glitch, someone killed your vic). I have since loosened up PvP in a somewhat controlled manner on my server so I have just been protecting them for the first 240 seconds, which is what your change provides (with other fixes).

However, looking at the code, if I wanted to revert to a value of, say 14400, for the immune time, it would now be ignored. Is there anyway to combine the new startup protections and also allow longer immune times? Not necessarily for 0.3.9 since I want that as soon as you feel happy with releasing it :wink: But, perhaps a hotfix or in 0.4.0?