Holstering Hatchet when Crouching

axeman

oh there are few similar instances of bugs/weird happening with holstering or picking up something. But I suspect again, that some of them are due to Bugemia being Bugemia. For instance, have you noticed, that when sprinting and pressing B to pick up rangefinder/binoculars character goes prone, starts sliding, picks up binos/rangefinder and then stands up and continues sprinting with rangefinder in hands? And it is all in one weird animation :D pretty funny

I think this and other bugs have been noticed with the Epoch Holster feature since Arma 3 added the weapon switching while moving. 

This is the code we use to make Holstering a "feature" of Epoch:
https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/experimental/Sources/epoch_code/compile/interface_event_handlers/EPOCH_KeyDown.sqf#L141-L154

It is sort of a hack as I am using the action "switchWeapon" command and it is not documented to work this way but I found it to work to holster a weapon provided the additional logic and current weapon variable tracked and used for the unholster part.

player action["switchWeapon", player, player, 100];

Maybe a solution would be to add some restrictions to when you can holster, like speed and stance?