publicvariable kick

Grahame

Got a weird kick just started happening on the server yesterday. First one was this:

"EPOCH_kicked" = "B Alpha 3-2:1 (xxx) attempted to access a locked b8617900# 1782659: safe.p3d REMOTE with CUP_Igla_M"

I was offline at the time and I just assumed that he actually had fired an Igla at a safe :blink: I've seen weirder things I promise. But then last night it reoccurred: 

"EPOCH_kicked" = "B Alpha 3-2:1 (xxx) attempted to access a locked 97520100# 1782971: safe.p3d REMOTE with CUP_Strela_2_M"

This was a different player. Asked him what he was doing and he said he was reloading a Strela next to a safe. Then this morning I got kicked with this:

"EPOCH_kicked" = "B Alpha 3-1:1 (Grahame) attempted to access a locked 7ac8e400# 1782985: safe.p3d REMOTE with CUP_17Rnd_9x19_glock17"

Now I was just transferring a Glock-17 mag from the safe to my inventory. I believe the Glock was already loaded.

Anyone else seen these kicks at all or have an idea of why it might be happening?

That should only happen if someone accessing a locked safe or lockbox. Was more of a test to see if it would work or cause false positives. 

See if you can reproduce the kick by accessing  a safe just before or after un/locking it and if you get kicked its not working correctly.

I have also noted this publicvariable.

I am pretty sure, that this comes up only, if the safe was build and directly been used.

You have to lock / unlock it first.

Could be, that the variable "Epoch_Locked" is not set directly after spawning a safe.

The safe I was using had been placed and maintained for a while (days).

I haven't been able to replicate. Just happened those three times in a 24 hour period. Hadn't happened all the time running 440 or since. If I see it again will report.

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2016 at 11:27 AM, vbawol said:

That should only happen if someone accessing a locked safe or lockbox. Was more of a test to see if it would work or cause false positives. 

See if you can reproduce the kick by accessing  a safe just before or after un/locking it and if you get kicked its not working correctly.

Just a follow up, hopefully helpful. This still happens, but is incredibly rare, e.g. the last times in publicvariable.log:

16.06.2016 14:09:34: ... #0 "EPOCH_kicked" = "B Alpha 3-2:3 (xxx) attempted to access a locked 85764f00# 1819116: safe.p3d REMOTE with CUP_200Rnd_TE4_Green_Tracer_556x45_L110A1"
17.06.2016 07:16:47: ... #0 "EPOCH_kicked" = "B Alpha 4-3:1 (xxx) attempted to access a locked 79e64800# 1819127: safe.p3d REMOTE with EnergyPackLg"

24.06.2016 20:19:02: ...  #0 "EPOCH_kicked" = "B Alpha 3-3:1 (xxx) attempted to access a locked 92242400# 1783922: lockbox.p3d REMOTE with CUP_Strela_2_M"
25.06.2016 03:13:12: ...  #0 "EPOCH_kicked" = "B Bravo 1-1:1 (Grahame god-damn it!!! :blink:) attempted to access a locked b81a4100# 1784925: safe.p3d REMOTE with FoodWalkNSons"

Apologies for delay on reporting, been incredibly busy at work and with the server.

I will get more info when it happens again. In my case I had unlocked the safe and was storing gear so it was not very long after unlocking. I'm assuming right now that it's the same for others - i.e. in the reloading weapon case, you've unlocked, got ammo and reload... kick, Will start nailing down people on the exact details for you