Stairs, Shelves, Walls & Windows (2 Requests)

HarryNutz

1) Is there anything that can be done to fix the issue of being killed while running down stairs? I seem to be constantly getting stuck in this glitch within the stairs and sometimes I can "step" out of it but a lot of times I just die almost instantly. Very annoying when the are killing me more then the Ai.

2) Why does it have to be so difficult to place a shelf? Is there a reason behind having it doing the Hokey Pokey and the Twist? Can't we just have the shelf come up standing straight and not dancing all over the place and stop it from clipping through walls and floors?

Request #1: Would love to see the addition of 2 types of walls (or upgrade/downgrade option)... one that you can crouch behind and attach a bipod and a wall that can do the same but standing.

Request #2: A lot of the military towers have the option to open and close windows that you can attach a bipod... any chance we can see this being an upgrade option for walls?

1. Stairs are a bane to all arma players regardless of mod or addon or vanilla, and nothing new in Arma 3. If speaking of Epoch stairs have to say not experienced death by those specifically as yet.

2. They jiggle and wiggle for me too usually because i have to bring them through walls to get them into position as they appear too far from my clone. Once that is over I use Q to centre it again and then can place with ease. Also use 'End' key to bring that sucker closer to my clone to help get right positioning.

You know the Tower Walls have just such a window that allows the bipod to stand? And i did see on stream many moons ago a version of the tower wall that had a hinged hatch to close that window space, but obviously did not make it to in game.

5 hours ago, TheStainlessSteelRat said:

You know the Tower Walls have just such a window that allows the bipod to stand? And i did see on stream many moons ago a version of the tower wall that had a hinged hatch to close that window space, but obviously did not make it to in game.

Yea but the cardboard walls make it too easy to shot through and killed. A concrete option would at least protect your body.

Death by epoch stairs is very well known issue to me too. But I think it is probably related to Arma 3 itself, sicne you can die like that in regular Altis buildings, for instance, military barracks, I died few times running down from second floor to the first floor. Instadeath.

With Epoch, I used to die in my base too, especialy when I had high towers with many stairs on top of each other. So I just try to walk down them very slowly.