Map addons...Server side vs Mission Side

akaRoommate

Question

10 answers to this question

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/

Very handy for lookin up coding references for arma etc..

The main difference is

execVM will spawn run the building code in a seperate thread

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers will run the code before it moves on the next line init.sqf

I prefer the call method for spawning buildings in, but thats just cause i have traders in a seperate file to all the custom buildings.

If i used the execVM method there would be a race, between creating buildings + spawning the traders.

Sometimes trader could have spawned before the building + is on ground floor instead of on the second floor.

That and since its only run once @ startup, having the code wait for buildings to spawn in wont take to long

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/

Very handy for lookin up coding references for arma etc..

The main difference is

execVM will spawn run the building code in a seperate thread

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers will run the code before it moves on the next line init.sqf

I prefer the call method for spawning buildings in, but thats just cause i have traders in a seperate file to all the custom buildings.

If i used the execVM method there would be a race, between creating buildings + spawning the traders.

Sometimes trader could have spawned before the building + is on ground floor instead of on the second floor.

That and since its only run once @ startup, having the code wait for buildings to spawn in wont take to long

thanks for the explanation

Cheers