Sarge AI Bug

illumiajavier

Question

Hello all,

I'm having some issues with adding gold to the sarge AI. I tried altering the config to reflect that each bandit / soldier in my loadout drops ["ItemGoldBar",80]], but now none of the AI seem to be wanting to spawn in. What's the correct item code for adding currency to the AI as an item drop?

Regards,

Javier

17 answers to this question

Oh no, that's not quantity, haha. That'd be a little ridiculous. It's the chance, ranged from 1 to 100% in the code that they will spawn with the item. I still couldn't figure out the class ID for the gold bars before I crashed, but at least now my server has bandits running around with M8_Carbines and m16a4 ACOGs..

Well formatting the script like Maca I have found some simple coding errors. Missing , and ]  in a couple of places.

From there I have now managed to get the AI Spawning... 

However in steps the Might BE Monster! Script restriction #126... 

Looking at line 128 its set to "1" so thats not it..

Looked a little on opendayz and found a suggestion to modify line 133.. 

however that entire line is set to "1" as well, and its still kicking for #126.

Anyone managed to tackle this issue? 

Well formatting the script like Maca I have found some simple coding errors. Missing , and ]  in a couple of places.

From there I have now managed to get the AI Spawning... 

However in steps the Might BE Monster! Script restriction #126... 

Looking at line 128 its set to "1" so thats not it..

Looked a little on opendayz and found a suggestion to modify line 133.. 

however that entire line is set to "1" as well, and its still kicking for #126.

Anyone managed to tackle this issue? 

#128 is most likely not on line 128, it is likely on line #129 or later. Check your scripts.txt log file, it will give you the line of code which is causing the restriction, from there you can figure out what is happening. Depending on the line, dont use "1", use ! after with the code so it has an exception.

Did some additional testing on my server this morning, AI is now spawning with gold and silver on a low probability chance (30 each). It seems like the code had to come before the other items listed, like cans of beans and drinks. Not sure why, but putting silver and gold first in the item list of drops actually fixed it.

Its amazing how abit of formatting can reveal problems. Also use Sublime Text 2 with the SQF plugin.

sublime.png

I really need to mod my Notepad++ to recognize sqf and color code like that... soo lazy!

Any my eyes are getting old and this would help greatly.

I was reading this topic with regards to AI but couldn't help respond to this message (even though Forum Gods might punish me for reviving a thread!) and let you know this simple trick...

Just add SQF file extension to C++ and it should help with formatting (takes 1 second to do and works good enough).

PRy0m8D.png