Noob question: Vehicle godmode to locked vehicles?

flow0815

Question

Hi everybody,

searched but found nothing for arma 3. I wonder if it would temp fix the exploding vehicle bug (arma 3 related as it seems) if locked vehicles had godmode?

Can somebody try to adapt it for arma 3? I do not know how to script but wouldn't that fix the exploding vehicles caused by vehicle simulation?

Here is an example script from chris but this was for arma 2:

http://pastebin.com/eHLhE2uW

Is there something planned for the next release? Just wanted some information about that, as player will not understand that this is simply a unfixed bug till now. The changelog of arma 3 1.48 does not list that bug so i think it will be the work for epoch mods to find a solution (if there is any and it is possible)

I know that the vehicles spawn north and rotate to position it was safed in db. You all know that vehicles also explode when a player just is near to them without accessing them.

So is my tought totally wrong? Sure vehicles could not be destroyed by players but would be sitll better than loosing them all (wich frustrates the players).

This is just my toughts. I am aware of all those threads out there.

Best regards

3 answers to this question

Did you ever find anything for this? It would be good if vehicles were just godmoded for the first 2 or 3 minutes after the server restart...but, I'd happily go for a script that godmoded vehicles within a radius of a jammer just to try and get rid of this problem. Simply trying to explain to all players that vehicles need 360 degrees to rotate without colliding at restart doesn't work.

On 7/15/2015 at 6:55 AM, flow0815 said:

Hi everybody,

searched but found nothing for arma 3. I wonder if it would temp fix the exploding vehicle bug (arma 3 related as it seems) if locked vehicles had godmode?

Can somebody try to adapt it for arma 3? I do not know how to script but wouldn't that fix the exploding vehicles caused by vehicle simulation?

Here is an example script from chris but this was for arma 2:

http://pastebin.com/eHLhE2uW

Is there something planned for the next release? Just wanted some information about that, as player will not understand that this is simply a unfixed bug till now. The changelog of arma 3 1.48 does not list that bug so i think it will be the work for epoch mods to find a solution (if there is any and it is possible)

I know that the vehicles spawn north and rotate to position it was safed in db. You all know that vehicles also explode when a player just is near to them without accessing them.

So is my tought totally wrong? Sure vehicles could not be destroyed by players but would be sitll better than loosing them all (wich frustrates the players).

This is just my toughts. I am aware of all those threads out there.

Best regards

take a look here:

edit: reread the OP and he is talking about base vehicles, but the basic problem with exploding helos is still a problem that needs a fix.

I may be wrong that he's talking about more than base located vehicles.

I've had to explain why you shouldn't ever get in a helo parked on a slope.to a couple of new players just this week (after they were killed). It is a pain - even had one on a really minor incline decide to bounce upside down and kill me this month...