Cinder walls disappear tough they where maintained

flow0815

Hi folks,

something known about this error? Have the community pbo which has indestructible cinder if that matters.

A buddy of mine maintained his base 10 minutes before restart. After restart 13 cinder walls (the oldest of the building) simply where gone.

Nothing in the redis building-kill.log. This makes me nervous because player will leave if the bases dissapear on there own.

Something to know about that? The redis database is a pain in the a*s for such analytics because you can simply search for nothing or get information that you need (till now, this state of development).

Also i built a wall to test it. On zupas webtool i copied all information of the wall, maintained it and looked at the original data and after maintainance. The object was not edited in any way.

So where does epoch store information if a base is maintained or not?

I am really nervous :(

Best regards

I had the same issue when I was playing as well.

Two walls would constantly disappear.. Never any other wall .. always those two.

Both of the walls well within Jammer maintenance distance

It's like they were never included in the Jammer maintenance to begin with.

A buddy of mine maintained his base 10 minutes before restart.

That's prolly the reason. We noticed several database issues within the last 30 minutes of the server restartperiode.

Best way to prevent that, is maintaining within the first hour of a restart.

How often do you restart wurst? Our workload on server is not very big. The FPS serverside are at 47 all the time. Restart cycle is 3 hours.

The structure of storing data is horrible for me. How can i search for an object and not an ID? Where is the timestamp of maintainance? Should be per object (wall) or? I can't see such information in database.

Flow,

You have to read and search more about what you are looking for and you would have found it.

I think you gave up on your search for information too quickly to post here for answers.

I think too much of the public does this. :(

The best way for you to do more is to get Zupas stats.

it's a website that links to your database for easier searching.

it's tough to install according to the general public in his thread.

In regards to your disappearing building objects.....

First, this is still an alpha and we still have a long way to go, so you have to make sure your public players know this and realize it.

Second, we had found many months ago in testing that the larger the database, the worse it gets. As in anything over 3500 building parts or over 12 mb made the database go wonky.

Third, do you have the latest version of the Redis program?

Fourth, do you restart Redis every server restart? And if so have you made any changes to the config to save more often?

Hi Dirty,

no i search in Arma 3 for the subject and did not found anything. So i am sorry if this is a dublicate but in my opinion a good way to make a new thread so all other player have this information available also.

Regarding your post:

- What should ZupaStat have to do with my problem? I am alredy using it and there is absolutely no information about building

- I know that it is alpha, but i don't think this is normal behaviour because i did not found a thread for it. So i asked

- My database is 800kb large and the building objects are at 1200

- I have the one shipped with epoch

- I don't restart redis because everybody says it should be open all the time. I also did not change something to save more often

So i think a board is the place to discuss and share experience. So i did not want to bother anybody. And i am thankful for this gread mod and also the community in this board.

Thanks for your reply :)

Hey bud,

Just going through the motions.

Zupa stats allows you to search for parts and it has its Id number that you are wondering how to search for in Redis desktop manager.

Like I searched for all the spotter rifles in Zupa stats found their Id numbers.

went to Redis desktop manager, searched the Id number found it and deleted it.

That was just an example of how you can use the three together to search and find any parts or inventory or vehicles or anything in the database

Probably a stupid suggestion but did the person who has these disappearing cinder walls tried to make metal walls instead and see what happens? Maybe there is some corruption that needs to be overwritten and then he can normally remove metal walls and build cinder.

Just my lunch money.