Detect players interface size setting?

Darth_Rogue

Question

I'm trying to find out if it's possible for Arma to detect a player's interface size setting and adjust mission scripts accordingly.  I've had a few requests for my status bar script to be adjustable for players depending on what their interface size is set to (small vs. large) and have the icons and text items adjust accordingly.  The idea is that you could define a specific font and image size for each setting type in the script's hpp file, but I don't know if it's possible to detect the client interface size info, pass it to the script and have it display the desired option settings.  Anyone have any input?

6 answers to this question

Was in the same area of thought a few days ago, looked up a few search strings on google but didn't come up with much.

The only other thing I can suggest which is what route my plan will take unless you get somewhere with this.

have 3 sizes of status bar and let them decide, I was gonna make up a gui or add it to my donkey menu, where to activate the status bar and it gives you 3 size options....

If you wanna chill out and work on something else, I am currently on plan for a full completion and release of the donkey menu and I will work the status bar option in like I am currently working in the Temp Groups.

Thanks for the work on the R3F logistics.

Yeah a custom menu is a good idea.  I've already got a player menu I'm using for some other things, so integrating a menu for status bar size selection shouldn't be too tough.  I'll work on it and see how it goes.  I just moved to a new apartment so my life is kinda in shambles at the moment....living out of boxes and whatnot.  Soon as things get back in order I'll try to make some progress on this.  If you happen to have a chance to make some headway in the meantime then feel free.   :)

No problem on the R3F thing. It badly needed to be done.