RHS and the menu

Zombie Pacifier

Question

Anyone know how to setup RHSAFRF and RHSUSAF I was having issues before where only the admin could open the rhs menu and for everyone else it would do nothing.  However now I'm having an issue where anyone hitting ESC to open the arma menu is getting kicked even Admins with this error log

10-05-2015 00:05:53 infiSTAR.de | 0h 06min | Zombie Pacifier(76561197961016827) | BadCTRLs on 49:   100 should be 99 (v0157)
10-05-2015 00:05:53 infiSTAR.de | 0h 06min | Zombie Pacifier(76561197961016827) | BadButton: CTRL Control #-1, (findDisplay 49) closeDisplay 0; 0 spawn {_n=  createDialog 'RHS_Options_Menu';0 spawn rhs_fnc_menuOptions;}; (v0157)

Nice man, work ahead of yourself and learn absolutely nothing ahead of time.

You have a lot of learning to do but we all start somewhere.

Your answer is in your kicks

what script is triggering those kicks?

what file has the settings for that script?

What kick are you getting?

Those answers will lead you to nirvana.

Nice man, work ahead of yourself and learn absolutely nothing ahead of time.

You have a lot of learning to do but we all start somewhere.

Your answer is in your kicks

what script is triggering those kicks?

what file has the settings for that script?

What kick are you getting?

Those answers will lead you to nirvana.

No need to be a rude about it, i know exactly what is doing it and i've changed files left and right, settings and otherwise...... after doing about another 2 hours of "learning absolutely nothing" I found out that infistar itself is buggy with the new version therefore having to revert back to an older version.  How about since forums are used to communicate info and help each other out you try doing that from now on......

Open your "run.sqf" and change 

/*  Revert Keybinds      */ _RCK = true;
/*  Revert MouseWheel    */ _RMW = true;
/*  Check GearMenu CTRLs */ _GCC = true;

to 

/*  Revert Keybinds        */ _RCK = false; 
/*  Revert MouseWheel    */ _RMW = false;
/*  Check GearMenu CTRLs */ _GCC = false;

No need to be a rude about it, i know exactly what is doing it and i've changed files left and right, settings and otherwise...... after doing about another 2 hours of "learning absolutely nothing" I found out that infistar itself is buggy with the new version therefore having to revert back to an older version.  How about since forums are used to communicate info and help each other out you try doing that from now on......

Im sorry if you got rude out of that man, I was trying to help lead you in the proper direction is all.

I know its tough to work on this stuff but it is a learning experience if you are new to it, enjoy as much help as you get here and anywhere else you might ask.

Open your "run.sqf" and change 

/*  Revert Keybinds      */ _RCK = true;
/*  Revert MouseWheel    */ _RMW = true;
/*  Check GearMenu CTRLs */ _GCC = true;

to 

/*  Revert Keybinds        */ _RCK = false; 
/*  Revert MouseWheel    */ _RMW = false;
/*  Check GearMenu CTRLs */ _GCC = false;

this was the biggest FAQ for this issue and yet it still does not solve the problem for the newest v0157 of infistar thanks for the effort though :P

Im sorry if you got rude out of that man, I was trying to help lead you in the proper direction is all.

I know its tough to work on this stuff but it is a learning experience if you are new to it, enjoy as much help as you get here and anywhere else you might ask.

its all good man, I've only been running a server for about 2 months now, been a really good learning experience.  That being said I don't normally post on the forums unless its a last resort. I probably should have explained more as to what i've already done to try to solve the issue and what wasn't working correctly, but honestly it was late, i was tired, I wanted an answer.  Just frustrating to come back and the only reply 12 hours later was what you left.......

this was the biggest FAQ for this issue and yet it still does not solve the problem for the newest v0157 of infistar thanks for the effort though :P

Ah alright, I wasen't sure if you've tried it and I wasen't 100% sure that it worked eiether. :P

Hopefully this should be fixed in v0159 update that I got this morning.

Infi, there's two separate issues.  The first and most important is the crash to desktop.  As soon as you load into game and all the Infistar files load on a player, whether that player is logged in as admin or not, if you hit ESC to go to the game menu, then Arma 3 immediately crashes for that client.  

The second issue is that for those using the RHS addons, the RHS menu is not blocked, despite adding the RHS menu's IDD of 101 to the blocked menus list in run.sqf.  It works fine in v156, but in v157 it did not work.  I have not been able to test newer builds due to the crashing issue described above when going to the game menu, which is where the RHS menu is also found.  

It's possible that the two problems are related.  Maybe the crash is caused by your code using some similar displayControl method or number as the RHS menu.  I haven't tested any of your newer builds without RHS running.  For a vehicle and weapons addon, RHS is very script-heavy, so it's possible that there's something in there that's conflicting.  I'll do some testing and see what happens.  

EDIT:  I see on your forums you closed a thread where this was being discussed so I'll add this here.  Player's attempting to access the RHS menu don't need kicked from a badControls check.  Blocking the menu so that it immediately closes if a player clicks on it is all that's needed.  As long as the IDD check works on it then that should be sufficient.  

If EAH is disabled in epochah.hpp then it shouldn't matter.

True. It shouldn't matter.  I added to the filters with stock AH. All buttons are clickable and changeable but they don't actually do anything in game. And they don't kick for non-admin.

This RHS I'm hearing a lot about is this a mod that everyone has to download or can it be run server side?

its a mod like mas weapons and mas vehicles. just adds a few new weapons, vehicles. most of the textures and animations are better than the mas packs...

anyone hear anything else on this yet? i used the suggestion from infi  that he posted above to get rid of the badbutton kick error, but i'm still getting the badcontrol spam crash

or am i just missing the section in the sqf somewhere to put that as well?