Server keeps crashing - epochserver.dll

Vaprz

Question

12 answers to this question

The server logs were normal and stopped abruptly at failure.  That said, we believe the crash syndrome is related to a headless client. Since turning it off, the server has been stable.  We've turned off Missions/HC for the time being until a solution can be found. 

Thanks.

Server just crashed again, same error. 

Here is the full rpt from the session:

https://paste.ee/p/npOqt

We were at 90 players at the time and the server FPS was around 20 FPS.

In your rpt it says memory allocator is 

tbbmalloc

But in your startup parameters you didn't define it, so surely it should revert to tbb4malloc?

Memory allocator is now tbb4malloc_bi.dll.

Rar the rpt and the dump files from the crash and send to Dwarden (David Foltyn) via Skype.

Re download the epoch hive dll and try it incase there was some corruption.

Also try running 1 restart without enabling ASM, remove @asm from startup config

Also, shouldn't

-mod=@Epoch; -serverMod=@ASM;@EpochHive;

be

-mod=@Epoch;@ASM;@EpochHive;

?

Rar the rpt and the dump files from the crash and send to Dwarden (David Foltyn) via Skype.

Re download the epoch hive dll and try it incase there was some corruption.

Also try running 1 restart without enabling ASM, remove @asm from startup config

I have the rpt and dump files, but Dwarden is an ARMA developer, not an Epoch developer, right?  I'm not sure what he would do about a fault pointing to epochserver.dll.

The dll has been replaced multiple times and the server is still crashing. 

We can try to remove ASM for whatever that might be worth. 

As to the launch parameters, yes -  your way is cleaner, but it launches without issues.

We are now crashing every 30 minutes or so once the population gets above 60 even though the server is not fully stressed. I've cut max pop for the time being and made all the parm changes including removing asm. If that doesn't work we'll probably just shut it down until a solution can be found. 

@Vaprz,

I have this issue also.I thought it was related to HC being active with +60 players.I have started disconnecting HC when pop reaches 50 players and that seemed to work for a while but it starting to get worse  :(. The dedi is not under any stress at all.I even tried a full session without HC connected and still had an event where 80% of players (62) got kicked for ping 6000+.

We used to run 100 players and fill them until Epoch 0301/Arma 3 1.42, everything has taken a nose dive since then.

Sorry for the double post but Brian bet me to it.

I agree we have 2 servers and  they used fill up @100slots but since the Epoch 03xx/A3 1.42 something is not right here.

Stench