v1.0.2.5 cannot build to many objects in 30 meter

BViRuS

Question

Hi There,

Does anyone know if they changed the script with this patch?

Cause i tried almost everything what i read, what pple said it worked for them.

Butt i'm keep getting this error.

Does anybody else have this problem with this patch?

Greetzz

13 answers to this question

Need to add the config option to your init.sqf:

DZE_BuildingLimit = 500;

strange, I tried this and the server did not start when i put this in the init.sqf from the mission file

i found this DZE_BuildingLimit under dayz_code\init\variables.sqf

I changed the number here but still getting the msg cannot build to many objects in 30 meter

What error was shown in the rpt when it didnt start

we where unable to join the server, it stayed on waiting for host for a long long time and nothing happend, so I removed the DZE_BuildingLimit from the init.sqf and rebooted the server and we could login to the server again

so now i change this to test

from 30 to 10

if((count ((position player) nearObjects ["All",10])) >= DZE_BuildingLimit) exitWith {TradeInprogress = false; cutText ["\n\nCannot build, too many objects witin 10m.", "PLAIN DOWN"];};

strange I changed this into 10M and when I test ingame it still says you cannot build blablabla witinh 30m

so those variables are tobe find somewhere else then dayz_code.pbo actions Player_buils.sqf

cRrUxit.jpg

Sorry I had to do a meme like that at some point, just to many people don't know that (it seems) :D

Anyway, you cannot simply make changes to the Epoch Client files (e.g. dayz_code\init\variables.sqf), all changed files have to copied to the mission.pbo and referenced in the compiles.sqf, so all clients who connect to the server get the changed files!

That being said changing DZE_BuildingLimit inside the init.sqf should do it, worked for all other servers so why not yours? maybe you changed it in the wrong file?

While it probably doesn't help and you might have already checked, we got this in our mission too and I changed it in init.sqf to 500 and it's working fine.

Since your server didn't start and no error messages as to why, perhaps you might be missing the ; on the end of the command?

e.g. DZE_BuildingLimit = 500;

and not

DZE_BuildingLimit = 500