Server not showing up (not commander)

Noobzilla

Question

-RESOLVED-  "basically make sure your query ports are correct. it goes above not below. 2302 game is a 2303 query   etc.    second port forward your router if its on your home box. Third, most important, the step i missed. port forward your firewall windows or other to allow ports. (check ruleset for block all mac to mac if any) get rid of that and have it prompt you per connection instead."  thanks to the great people here on the forum and a ton of googling.

okay so every single thread I have searched on 30 forums says "DELETE COMMANDER ITS OBSOLETE) So before you mention that, its not commander.

Join MANUALLY through Armas multiplayer, I can join under lan, no issues. Server works perfectly.

Nobody else can find it on any launcher including using my ip and the port through Remote in arma

All port forwarding is done udp and tcp, and the range to include the query ports.

Servers port is 2325

config  

steamport = 2326;
steamqueryport = 2327;
hostName = "Moog Panthera Server (1.0.5)";

Ive also tried going below it 2323 / 2324  No luck for other people. (switched to these ports in cofig too no dice)

I'm beyond frustrated. This is stupid at this point. You enter the ip and the port, and it should work.
Steam is trash, I miss gamespy.  Help me. Please please please. Shouldnt be soo hard to play with one other person. lol

I've disabled my firewall entirely and tried that as well.

pic to show it works. (edit snip its named 105 but itsa on 1051 changing name did nothing)

post-15131-0-52179600-1430902494_thumb.j

14 answers to this question

I'm beyond frustrated. This is stupid at this point. You enter the ip and the port, and it should work.

Steam is trash, I miss gamespy.  Help me. Please please please. Shouldnt be soo hard to play with one other person. lol

If you only have to worry about one other person, and all else fails, then you can just try to have them directly connect to your server through their launch parameters.  Information on doing this can be found here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

I kinda feel like the ports might need to be set the other way around

steamport = 2304;
steamqueryport = 2303;

That's how i have them and it works perfectly fine and iirc i had the same problem when i set them incorrectly

I tried flipping them to no avail

steamport = 2326;
steamqueryport = 2327;
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "";
maxPlayers = 2;
logFile = "server_log.txt";
voteThreshold = 2;
voteMissionPlayers = 3;
reportingIP = "";
timeStampFormat = "short";
motd[] = {"DayZ Epoch","Have fun!"};
motdInterval = 0;
vonCodecQuality = 11;
disableVoN = 0;
kickduplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 0;
persistent = 1;
BattlEye = 0;
doubleIdDetected = "";
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";
regularCheck = "";
requiredBuild = 125548;
requiredSecureId = 2;

class Missions
{
    class Mission1
    {
    template = "DayZ_Epoch_16.Panthera2";
    difficulty="recruit";
    };

};

entire config. Ive tried flipping the ports 2326 2327 or vice versa, even went with 2323 2324. no luck. 

steamport = 2326;
steamqueryport = 2327;
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "";
maxPlayers = 2;
logFile = "server_log.txt";
voteThreshold = 2;
voteMissionPlayers = 3;
reportingIP = "";
timeStampFormat = "short";
motd[] = {"DayZ Epoch","Have fun!"};
motdInterval = 0;
vonCodecQuality = 11;
disableVoN = 0;
kickduplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 0;
persistent = 1;
BattlEye = 0;
doubleIdDetected = "";
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";
regularCheck = "";
requiredBuild = 125548;
requiredSecureId = 2;

class Missions
{
    class Mission1
    {
    template = "DayZ_Epoch_16.Panthera2";
    difficulty="recruit";
    };

};

entire config. Ive tried flipping the ports 2326 2327 or vice versa, even went with 2323 2324. no luck. 

For reportingIP, I have:

reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

I would try adding that, and see if it helps.  I believe that is your issue though.

I actually removed that due to some other thread saying since gamespy is dead it was irrelevant. I'll put it back just incase.

I didnt send them an email because dayzlauncher didnt tell me anything was wrong. I guess ill give it a go anyways, maybe they have ideas. thanks again everyone.

I actually removed that due to some other thread saying since gamespy is dead it was irrelevant. I'll put it back just incase.

I didnt send them an email because dayzlauncher didnt tell me anything was wrong. I guess ill give it a go anyways, maybe they have ideas. thanks again everyone.

You're right.  Bohemia's wiki says it has been deprecated since 1.63.

i added it back anyways. so after going back to dayz launcher and seeing if it would tell me anything. I found 2 culprits.

First, my fault. my firewall. i did all the port forwarding in my router but the firewall i have on my computer was blocking it. i disabled it to test, and sure enough green light. 

okay, so now I need to figure out how to allow this through my firewall. I have no idea. I use comdo. anyone?  (without you guys I'd be an even bigger idiot) lmfao

edit for fred, im from new york too, small world lol

I'm gonna mark this as resolved, until an hour form now when my teamate cant join even tho dayzlauncher says its up, i kid i kid

Thanks a ton to everyone here, its resolved because of you. Thanks for the check my server tip too, that rocks