Epoch Bornholm Arma 3 1.44 Is now unplayable (low client FPS)

Darth_Rogue

On our server, the drops in FPS are for the client only. The server runs at 47-50 FPS even when clients are experiencing FPS < 15.

It is resolved by adding  -cpucount=2 -malloc=system to the launch parameters.

With these launch parameters for the client we are seeing Client FPS >>30. Arma 3 has been crashing often with these settings which is a drawback.

• 2 weeks later...

Any further developments here?  I am testing launching my dedicated Bornholm server with different launch parameters and so far have not found the exact magic start up recipe for a smooth FPS experience.  steam://run/107410//-noLauncher%20-mod=@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@Bornholm;@Epoch%20-connect=76.22.29.76%20-port=2312

Also I have noticed, the server often hangs while loading, with the message, "Starting Epoch... Please wait!"

I tried this different tbbmalloc.dll, which did seem to boost client FPS, but it did not last... https://github.com/fred41/tbbmalloc_arma

One test that "blew away" the FPS quite literally is:

- I went to the center of the main massive SW city, set a satchel charge in a barracks for 40 second detonation, ran away to a nearby tall building, ran up the stairs, mid-way through run up the stairs the satchel charge went off, the FPS dropped to like 8 or 9 and remained that way...  Can anyone else test this to verify?

Man I love Bornholm, and it is a shame FPS performance is now so terrible.

No we rolled over to Altis for now.  We will be doing some testing to see if the cause of the lag is a script we're running of if it is actually Arma that's causing the problem.  If we can restore client FPS we will go back to Bornholm.  If not, then we will stay on Altis.

I don't hold a lot of confidence in community maps, with players building bases and such you just never know what patch is going to screw you how and then I have to tell everyone tough luck. The AiA stuff is the perfect example, support dropped.. what you have is what you are stuck with.