Epoch Bornholm Arma 3 1.44 Is now unplayable (low client FPS)

Darth_Rogue

Getting less than 10 FPS client side on Arma 1.44 and Bornholm.  Runs fine on Altis.  Anyone else getting this?  Tried resetting all graphics settings, no change.  Still testing.  Seems to be all players and not just limited to me.  

all my users were reporting this to me as well, I however was getting my normal 30-60 fps depending on where i was at, this was with the build 20 update and the arma update.  Haven't been able to try 3.0.3 yet since GTX my host hasn't updated to it and it will roughly take me 3+hours to upload the files on my slow connection

I noticed an fps and cps hit with the latest epoch update usually solid 46-47 for both now it's like a saw blade. Did all my normal tricks but now they don't work. It was fine after the arma update so I don't know what up now.

No we rolled over to Altis for now.  We will be doing some testing to see if the cause of the lag is a script we're running of if it is actually Arma that's causing the problem.  If we can restore client FPS we will go back to Bornholm.  If not, then we will stay on Altis.

No we rolled over to Altis for now.  We will be doing some testing to see if the cause of the lag is a script we're running of if it is actually Arma that's causing the problem.  If we can restore client FPS we will go back to Bornholm.  If not, then we will stay on Altis.

Bo0o lol I even downloaded bornholm. Played on another server and it seems its bornholm as I got low fps and for me well.... with my hardware I don't ever get low fps period. So I assume its arma.

I have a Bornholm box that seems to be OK with 6-8 players, However I don't have anymore people to test with. Welcome to jump on and try 37.152.48.108 2502 (10mins till restart and still 50FPs 44CPS solid)

my client is 60-120 fps

I have a Bornholm box that seems to be OK with 6-8 players, However I don't have anymore people to test with. Welcome to jump on and try 37.152.48.108 2502 (10mins till restart and still 50FPs 44CPS solid)

See even on Taviana thats low. My norm is usually 60fps. Well unless it's a big city then it goes lower as this game is so CPU intensive. I'll hop on tho as i've never played much Bornholm

Haven't joined yet but he doesn't have @mas vehicles... Or @mas weapons does that effect server fps? Or could it?

I have been getting anywhere from 1-16 fps on altis and so has my two playing buddies. We talked to other players and the same was happening for them too, eventually we were the last three people on the server everyone had quit as it had become almost unbearable lol

Yea.. Same on Bornholm

Vanilla server with no scripts loaded cuz they haven't done any since the update.

40ish FPS and all of a sudden 5fps and it sits there. 

Gotta love it.. Time to play something else for a while till this gets fixed.

I'm interested to see if anyone is still having these problems.  I was able to finally get my server up and running fresh late last night early this morning however you want to look at it.  Almost have it back to the way it was minus the RHS pack atm. Currently running mas/masvehicles a3aei, SEM, and various other scripts atm.  Server running strong at 50 fps with a few dips and hiccups here and there when sappers spawn, but other than that seems to be running pretty good. Running bornholm, this was with only about 10 people on though. No complaints from the players except for the stuff I havent been able to put back in yet lol.  69.162.93.212:2302 if anyone wants to try it out.  I did however have 1 player that joined saying he was getting 7 fps when he normally gets 40-60 so I'm thinking at least part of the issue might be client side.

Getting less than 10 FPS client side on Arma 1.44 and Bornholm.  Runs fine on Altis.  Anyone else getting this?  Tried resetting all graphics settings, no change.  Still testing.  Seems to be all players and not just limited to me.  

Having the same issue on Bornholm on our public server. When I run our server/client files on a test server FPS is fine. We have had no issues with FPS on Altis thus far. I am thinking of swithcing our Bornholm server to Panthera. Does anyone have any experience with that map and 1.44 / 0.3.0.3 ?

I've played on Altis, Bornholm, Sarahni and I've had no issues with FPS other than the usual quick drop and then spike back up to 60-80. This is as a player and My rig setup is i7 3770k @ 4.5. Ram: 16g @2133 with a MSI 980. I know this is a CPU intensive game.

I think it's the clouds causing performance problems for some people.  If I load into game and the clouds are looking all blurry then I switch the cloud detail level then the game plays fine.  But the trick is getting the cloud detail level switched BEFORE the game freezes to the point where you can no longer move and/or crashes.  

Well,  the admin fired up the Bornholm server again and we found out some interesting things.

In our cases it's the client that is the problem and not the server. The server was holding steady FPS but clients were dropping to low FPS and sitting there.

As recommended in one of the post -malloc system is key (thx for that one)

As well I found using the A3 Launcher is not as good for whatever reason over using the Arma built in launcher.. Don't know if it's not passing startup parameters correctly or exactly why at this point but FPS was good and consistent using the built in Arma launcher.

AND.. you may want to get the other memory allocator DLL to help with additional FPS gain.. 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/14/558752451154900119/?l=french

Doing those or any combination should help resolve some of the issues if not all of them.

I think it's the clouds causing performance problems for some people.  If I load into game and the clouds are looking all blurry then I switch the cloud detail level then the game plays fine.  But the trick is getting the cloud detail level switched BEFORE the game freezes to the point where you can no longer move and/or crashes.

I've noticed this as well. If the clouds are blurry, my FPS is usually low (41-21 or so). Changing them from Ultra to Standard back to Ultra (though never leaving the Setup box) puts the clouds back as they should be and my FPS climbs back to the 60's. I've never had the game freeze up, but when I notice the FPS change resetting the cloud detail.

I use Arma's launcher exclusively. For some reason, the A3 launcher and I have never had a good experience together.