updating to current server build

OzzY_MG

Question

Just a quick question about updati g server files to current build. When I update will that reset my custom scripts and cause problems with addons? I have added vehicles and reconfigured the epochconfig.hpp I also edited my battle eye filters for other scripts... Will I have to edit them all again?

8 answers to this question

no, but you have to check file by file and add the new stuff.... for example open the epochconfig.hpp and look what is new, than add the new lines to yours.... this are only 4 files or so, so look file by file.... and dont add the BE filters from epoch... keep yours !

and the last 3 epoch server updates was only lynux stuff !

Just a quick question about updati g server files to current build. When I update will that reset my custom scripts and cause problems with addons? I have added vehicles and reconfigured the epochconfig.hpp I also edited my battle eye filters for other scripts... Will I have to edit them all again?

diffmerge is your friend!! https://sourcegear.com/diffmerge/

I use Notepad++ compare plugin.

Epoch BE filters are really complicated for a so simple MP mission file. How do server execute code on the client? Because BE filters obviously are for that code.

If BE filters are updated to reflect changes, you will need to re-do it.

I really appreciate the feedback Suppe, and everyone else for the pointers on software to perform this daunting task.... My only other question is that I am hosted and all I have to do is press a button and viola, the server is updated. This seems like a good thing but it is NOT because it rewrites all of my files. Should I just hold off on updating or should I go ahead and update and use compare to edit the new files with my backups that are in my local files??

no, but you have to check file by file and add the new stuff.... for example open the epochconfig.hpp and look what is new, than add the new lines to yours.... this are only 4 files or so, so look file by file.... and dont add the BE filters from epoch... keep yours !

and the last 3 epoch server updates was only lynux stuff !