Zombie with a Gun!

Bungle

Question

Well,

I changed the on spawn loot table on my test server to include some more weapons/objects for each spawn for testing.

I.e

// Loadout config
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","HandRoadFlare","ItemWaterbottleUnfilled","More Stuff"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemWatch","Weapon1","MoreTools"];
DefaultBackpack = "CZ_VestPouch_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "Weapon2";

When I died once to respawn I came back as a zombie after infection.. no surprise..

But I still had my G36 SD and could also build and self bloodbag..scream, attack as a zombie.. all sorts of goodies.

Anyone else had this issue happen to them yet?

Was quite amusing.. but still a bug on my end somewhere I am guessing with my custom pack perhaps.

7 answers to this question

Is just an example.

The actual version was this:

// Loadout config
DefaultMagazines = ["17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemSodaXdrink","Skin_GUE_Commander_DZ","ItemBloodbag","ItemMorphine","HandRoadFlare","ItemWaterbottleUnfilled","ItemSandbag","PartGeneric","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR","20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR","PartWoodPile"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemWatch","ItemETool","ItemToolbox","ItemMatchbox","ItemMap","ItemFishingPole","ItemMachete","ItemHatchet","NVGoggles","ItemKnife","G36_C_SD_camo","glock17_EP1"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Backpack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD";

A bit OP for spawn, but is just for my test server to play with stuff quickly on spawn in.

Is just an example.

The actual version was this:

// Loadout config
DefaultMagazines = ["17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemSodaXdrink","Skin_GUE_Commander_DZ","ItemBloodbag","ItemMorphine","HandRoadFlare","ItemWaterbottleUnfilled","ItemSandbag","PartGeneric","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR","20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR","PartWoodPile"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemWatch","ItemETool","ItemToolbox","ItemMatchbox","ItemMap","ItemFishingPole","ItemMachete","ItemHatchet","NVGoggles","ItemKnife","G36_C_SD_camo","glock17_EP1"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Backpack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD";

A bit OP for spawn, but is just for my test server to play with stuff quickly on spawn in.

Ah gotcha...yeah that's what I thought at first just wasn't sure.

Its seems that the Epoch code dosen't check if your infected before it reads the default configs in the init file. That is why when you spawn back in as a Zed all it checks is isPlayer and isMan no condition to see if isInfected so it routines to not delete the gear. I would suspect that this is minor issue not that hard to fix. I believe a little OP but funny as hell. We had fun on our server scaring the heck out of people. Calling all sorts of admin abuse! LOL

Quite neet seeing a zombie running around with a UZI!