Alarm! Cheaters! Help!

Alexis

Question

11 answers to this question

All you need is active admins, once you have that hackers are rarely a problem, plus you will need to get a rcon tool setup so you can quickly ban people.

i absolutely agree...whilst there is no replacement for a good active admin, this has been a fantasic help....just being able to 'snoop' into direct chat and immediately respond to any admin calls, even if your not actually on server, can have an immediate boost in protection.

I dont know about everyone else .. we are getting hammered by hackers lately.. Holes in Epoch and Infistar, killing all players, deleting bases cars..then have to do rollback .. like 3 times in a month.. not to mention all the other scripts n stuff that infistar doesn't catch.. I know in the past every time some so twitcher comes on all hell breaks loose.. they don't even ask first .. I have 5 admin, plus my self.. and seems to be a never ending stream of hackers lately .. OMG  Ive become so paranoid .. every new player to server we watch close..  but the scripts they are using backdoors infistar .. and wham .. what happen to the fun hackers. smoke out ur butt, cow on your head .. etc .. I could whitelist .. but then get no new players but sheesh .. Its drivin me nutz .. 

I dont know about everyone else .. we are getting hammered by hackers lately.. Holes in Epoch and Infistar, killing all players, deleting bases cars..then have to do rollback .. like 3 times in a month.. not to mention all the other scripts n stuff that infistar doesn't catch.. I know in the past every time some so twitcher comes on all hell breaks loose.. they don't even ask first .. I have 5 admin, plus my self.. and seems to be a never ending stream of hackers lately .. OMG  Ive become so paranoid .. every new player to server we watch close..  but the scripts they are using backdoors infistar .. and wham .. what happen to the fun hackers. smoke out ur butt, cow on your head .. etc .. I could whitelist .. but then get no new players but sheesh .. Its drivin me nutz .. 

Rollback 3 times a month... try multiple times a week. It was daily at Christmas time. There's honestly nothing we can do until BI fix the createUnit explot and scripts.txt bypass :/ https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75896

Rollback 3 times a month... try multiple times a week. It was daily at Christmas time. There's honestly nothing we can do until BI fix the createUnit explot and scripts.txt bypass :/ https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75896

Did you actually try, to forbid this? You could make a function with an infinite Loop checking every few Minutes (seconds is to fast) the actual type of the Unit. For example a Zombie is type z_zombie_base etc, you can allow that and then delete "vehicles" (ai is classed as a vehicle) - that are non zombie.. If using DZMS, you can add a Variable, just something random to each unit and then in that function check if the unit has that var... This will delete all AI Units, unless they got a variable, therefore hackers can't use it anymore.

Most of this is because of the create unit remote execute exploit in A2OA, they can gain control of function manager, spawn a unit then use that to execute that from the server. infiSTAR is working on an experimental build that blocks this until such time that BIS release the EOL patch that fixes it.

InfiSTAR comes with a 'Hacker Log' section to the menu. Any admin with normal access or above is able to view this and should be able to easily determine if someone is cheating. 

What crap that is .. hacker log only good, if infistar catches .. thats the whole point its missing most.. not to mention every new release breaks stuff.. between the issues with infistar and the hackers .. its a never ending battle for what ?? people just bitch and whine.. I just got the screw it attitude.. whine and your kicked.. lazy ass players .I dont even play anymore .. just spend my time fixing crap ..

What crap that is .. hacker log only good, if infistar catches .. thats the whole point its missing most.. not to mention every new release breaks stuff.. between the issues with infistar and the hackers .. its a never ending battle for what ?? people just bitch and whine.. I just got the screw it attitude.. whine and your kicked.. lazy ass players .I dont even play anymore .. just spend my time fixing crap ..

Interesting reply... :D