WTF?!?! Server 2012 Issues

Darth_Rogue

Question

So I'm trying to help a fellow community member set up a new server.  He's running Windows Server 2012 Enterprise.  Epoch is installed. C++ Runtimes are installed (2010 & 2013 both x86 and x64).  Epoch Server DLL is unblocked.  Redis is running.  But as soon as it finishes reading the mission file the server closes, which means the Epoch server will not connect to Redis on startup.  

I've unblocked ports (which you shouldn't even have to do since it's all localhost), turned off the firewall, made sure everything is set to "Run as Adminsitrator", edited the hosts file to make sure localhost is enabled...you name it.

Oddly enough, if I REMOVE the password from redis.conf I can connect to it from a remote machine.  But if any password at all is present in redis.conf it refuses to connect.  So it's not the firewall blocking it.  BEC connects to the server on startup but before the server fires up all the way it closes, giving only a "something strange happened" error in the BEC log.

So.....to all you admins that have managed to successfully get Epoch running on Windows Server 2012, a few tips would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

Make sure there is a beserver.cfg file. If not then create one. All it needs is a maxping setting and password definition. BEC looks for beserver.cfg to be initialized by the server when the server starts. If it doesn't see the server grab it then BEC won't start. Fixed that problem too. :)

I have a weird problem since updating to 0301 on one of my 2 A3 epoch servers....I'm also running Windows server 2012 R2

Altis worked first time, no issues.

Chernarus, it seems like the mission doesn't load as 'Type' & 'mission' in the multiplayer lobby show blank and the server report just stops at this message even though the exe stays up:

5:22:43 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1562534686): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

I have tried using a fresh db, reverting back to the vanilla chernarus mission file, unblocking the epoch.dll, diff merge checked between the installations of Altis and Chernarus and am now stumped...

Am I missing something glaringly obvious to anyone else?