possiblitiy of a map marker for dead player

macbeths0x

Question

Helo

yesterday i had issues withthe Group managment script (right clicking wasnt working )

BUT i also noticed that if you die when you respawn there will be a red X saying (your body) on the map of where you died

Since i had todo a restore of the server and restore my files i had before installing the Group script it is no longer there 

i would liek to know if thre is a way to get it back without adding group managment again

thank you all for the help :)

10 answers to this question

You need to move confg variables to your mission folder somwehere, it wont have any effect if you change it in dayz_code.

Or just add the group part to your init.sqf between the

// EPOCH CONFIG VARIABLES START // and

// EPOCH CONFIG VARIABLES END //  part.

But below the call for the config_varibles file  

/ Group System
dayz_groupSystem = true; // Enable group system
dayz_markGroup = 1; // Players can see their group members on the map 0=never, 1=always, 2=With GPS only
dayz_markSelf = 1; // Players can see their own position on the map 0=never, 1=always, 2=With GPS only
dayz_markBody = 1; // Players can see their corpse position on the map 0=never, 1=always, 2=With GPS only
dayz_requireRadio = false; // Require players to have a radio on their toolbelt to create a group, be in a group and receive invites. 

Anything you change in config variables will have no effect unless you move it mission side. Clients don't download your dayz_code.pbo, so anything you change in there isn't sent to the client. 

You can add the lines from it to the init, but you'd be better off copying the config variables file to your mission folder and then changing the #include call to it in the init to wherever you moved it to. Then you can just go through the config variables and change whatever you want. 

For instance on my server, I made a folder inside my mission called dayz_code and then copied my config variables file inside of it.

i changed the init.sqf call  to look like. Notice I commented out the original call  

//#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\configVariables.sqf" 

#include "dayz_code\configVariables.sqf"

Oh haha.. Thanks! So many files and text that you overlook the important things :blush:

@salival I changed it like this:

// Group System
dayz_groupSystem = true; // Enable group system
dayz_markGroup = 1; // Players can see their group members on the map 0=never, 1=always, 2=With GPS only
dayz_markSelf = 1; // Players can see their own position on the map 0=never, 1=always, 2=With GPS only
dayz_markBody = 1; // Players can see their corpse position on the map 0=never, 1=always, 2=With GPS only
dayz_requireRadio = false; // Require players to have a radio on their toolbelt to create a group, be in a group and receive invites.

But there are no markers, what could be the problem? Server is running with the following scripts:

Spoiler

On 3.9.2017 at 4:47 PM, lwbuk said:

Have you moved your config_variables.sqf to your Client side files? 

It wont work if you just edit the file in dayz_code, you need to move it or add the group management part to your init.sqf

Thanks for the reply!

Move it where exactly? Sorry, still pretty new to this.. I just extracted configVariables.sqf, made the changes, repacked dayz_code.pbo and reuploaded it to the server.

8 hours ago, lwbuk said:

Anything you change in config variables will have no effect unless you move it mission side. Clients don't download your dayz_code.pbo, so anything you change in there isn't sent to the client. 

You can add the lines from it to the init, but you'd be better off copying the config variables file to your mission folder and then changing the #include call to it in the init to wherever you moved it to. Then you can just go through the config variables and change whatever you want. 

For instance on my server, I made a folder inside my mission called dayz_code and then copied my config variables file inside of it.

i changed the init.sqf call  to look like. Notice I commented out the original call  

//#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\configVariables.sqf" 

#include "dayz_code\configVariables.sqf"

Okay, did it this way now.

Thank you very much for your help :)