Script restriction when using vehicle guns

Moody

Question

Hello!

We are getting kicked from the server when/if someone uses vehicle guns(ie on attack helicopters and tanks).

Script restriction error:

_shells "
10.02.2015 21:11:16: Actas (84.210.20.103:2304) acf841695fd752dbad8e569624e0d4eb - #9 "okeg setVectorUp (_Gvel call BIS_fnc_unitVector);
_smokeg setVelocity _Gvel;
_shells set [count _shells, _smokeg];
};

_shells "

Do anyone have a link to a place where all the attack vehicles are listed with exceptions to allow use of guns/missiles and so on?

This error is only for use of smoke on a tank(i believe), but im guessing i will get a different error for ever different weapon we use on every every vehicles?

Would love to have a place to see the exceptions for all these things, without having to post in the forum for every restriction im gonna get in the nearest future.

In advance, THANK YOU!

Cheers!

13 answers to this question

Hello!

We are getting kicked from the server when/if someone uses vehicle guns(ie on attack helicopters and tanks).

Script restriction error:

_shells "
10.02.2015 21:11:16: Actas (84.210.20.103:2304) acf841695fd752dbad8e569624e0d4eb - #9 "okeg setVectorUp (_Gvel call BIS_fnc_unitVector);
_smokeg setVelocity _Gvel;
_shells set [count _shells, _smokeg];
};

_shells "

Do anyone have a link to a place where all the attack vehicles are listed with exceptions to allow use of guns/missiles and so on?

This error is only for use of smoke on a tank(i believe), but im guessing i will get a different error for ever different weapon we use on every every vehicles?

Would love to have a place to see the exceptions for all these things, without having to post in the forum for every restriction im gonna get in the nearest future.

In advance, THANK YOU!

Cheers!

Too much restrictions to make it all in filters. U can do it yourself.

Not hard to add filters for rescrictions. 

If u get restriction #9  open script.txt in your BattlEye folder.

Next look line 9, 10 or 11 (not allways be number as restriction +1 line) but by default must be restriction number +1 so must be line 10

Ok, line 10 start with setvelocity

If you look into your resctriction log, there is line _smokeg setVelocity _Gvel; 

How you see, in this line have setVelocity

Now u just add this to your filter line 10  like that:  !"_smokeg setVelocity _Gvel;"

You are done =)

«attack helicopters and tanks» -.-

Don't use BE filters for EPOCH when You run a Wasteland mission on Your server! ;)

And BE kicks are not errors! *sigh*

They indicate that BE works like intended, but that there is something wrong on the users/administrators end.

It's either how the BE filters/exceptions are (mis)configured, or something with the mission/mod that is not right (wrong scripts, usage of the wrong vehicles, etc.) or the client is cheating.

TL;DR

Instead of turning EPOCH into ArmA, go play ArmA.

Greez KiloSwiss

Nah, like all my users, and many "admins" here you're too lazy to actually sit down and study a manual.. Nothing comes easy, and reading manuals (and understanding them) is something you will have to learn.

Most times, when solutions are offered, the wrong ones post just the fix (which won't increase the knowledge of such admin), where the good ones actually point you to threads where you need to read and understand; in that case the stuff gets burned into your neurons and next time you run into an issue you know where to look or how to solve it.

Hosting a game ánd being a good admin ánd sort issues fast is never ever "point and click". It takes skills that you will have to learn. The rewards however are filled servers and compliments from players on your servers how great the server performs, and it's admins.

While i have an open thread, where and how do i add magazines/ammo to spawn? I have added an attack helicopter to the server, but as far as i know theres no ammo dropping in either missions or in loot crates around the map that fits the attack helicopter. Thats something i have to add to the lootspawn i guess?