Disable Heli Rope/Hook

larsmos2011

Hello, 

I've recently saw many players on my server "abusing" the heli-hook system. They are using cars,trucks etc. as bombs to destroy bases and they steal all the vehicles so that new players don't have a chance to get a vehicle. Isn't there a setting to disable this system? 

Thanks for your Help

Best to ask your server admin to add a "don't sling vehicles into bases" rule.  The server I play on has such a rule and is a ban-able offense.

Granted, that you have to catch them doing it...but removing the system just takes away operational options for players.

I found another lifting script in the internet. In this script I can set how near to the ground the heli must be to the ground before you can drop it.

You could replace them with non lift Heli's in your config file . :)

Well there are so few helis that can't lift, and wouldn't be gamebreaking (I dont want ghosthawks or other attack choppers on my server).

I'm more searching a script or sth. that deletes the rope after 1 sec. or sth.  when its deployed

Seems like people just need to learn to defend against it. It isn't that hard to do. People just need to put roofs on top of their bases and put stud walls above that at least 3 stories high... the walls don't need metal... they can just be standard stud walls.

Hello desync with a bunch of unnecessary building material on all bases.

Should be a option for server hosts to turn of slingload, slingload on standard flight engine is to easy but on advanced its at least a challenge. Advanced slingshot ok but standard i would also like to se it turned of.

Rather have good server performance then all bases have the need for protection against massive bombing.

I found another lifting script in the internet. In this script I can set how near to the ground the heli must be to the ground before you can drop it.

Well there are so few helis that can't lift, and wouldn't be gamebreaking (I dont want ghosthawks or other attack choppers on my server).

I'm more searching a script or sth. that deletes the rope after 1 sec. or sth.  when its deployed

That seems like a good way to prevent it.....the only problem I see with it is if the chopper is hit and the pilot needs to jettison the load in order to get the heli down safely.  There are always trade offs and you'll have to weigh them.  Your / the players have the scales.

We implemented a no bombing rule too. It helps.

But if you totally want lifting off your map, set all ch / dlc choppers that can lift to 0 as spawn chance, and increase other values. Problem gone.

The mohawk and orca can both slingload vehicles... and the hummingbird and hellcat can slingload cinder walls...

I can disable the function in my own bought Antihack/AdminTool (run.sqf) :

/*  Remove Vehicle Ropes */ _RVR = false;    /* true or false */

Correct. Good observation too.. I tend to *not* point out these facts because of "in before lock" and totally forgot about it :)