[Suggestion] Persistent Booby-Traps

Darth_Rogue

I had a player give me an idea tonight and I told him I would pass it along.  It would be cool if we could set up booby traps, like Claymores or trip mines around a base location and have it saved to the database so that it would be persistent on restarts.  That way if a player logs off he can have at least a chance at protecting his base while he's away.  Players attacking said base would of course have the ability to possibly see the trap and defuse it with 'X%' chance of success.  A successful defuse means they now have to commence their base assault with their own methods of choice (explosive charges, brute force, etc.) in order to get to the contents inside.  A failed defuse means the attackers get blown to bits and are forced to respawn.   To keep the map from being littered with random explosives, these could also be set to expire after 'X' days, just like base items. 

Thoughts??

Actually this has been suggested before....any elements such as apers / tripwire claymores persist if within the groups jammer range.  Probably better if within 100m of jammer range since it's 300m radius.   

I don't like the ability to defuse..they should act as intended in Arma 3, there should be some considerable risk to attacking a base and this mechanic should provide that.

Arma 3 does have a mine detector and that could be a rare loot item if deemed necessary

I agree but I think traps like the tripwires from DayZ would be better than so many military explosives.

I'd much rather see grenade tripwires, bear traps where only another player can free you, barbed/razor wire, tied branch traps, shotgun mines, etc. Basically things a person post apocalypse could craft. Satchels and other explosives are too common atm

Would be cool indeed if mines could persist after server restart and you had the option to maintain only base objects or the security system (mines and other things), in case you had razor wire, sandbags and mines and you don't have enough money to maintain those. I agree with TheVampire that crafting some explosives, with maybe less damage or throw ratio, could improve gameplay

Yes I agree the game could do with a lot more trapping and counter-trapping, there should be a knife reintroduced and the ability to disarm added as well.

Especially nice if you are a fresh spawn and sneak up on someone as well as completely silent kills.