Redis - multiple Epoch servers

SimpleMan

Question

We initially had one A3 Epoch Chenarus server and now recently added an Alits and Namalsk.

For some reason, all 3 servers are sharing the same player database.  So if someone gears up in one server, they can log into one of the other servers and have their gear/kryptos.

How can I get this fixed so that each server stores their own player data.

I'm very new to the setup of server stuff.  The other admin is offline so I'm trying to look into it.

In all 3 DB folders, the redis.conf are all the same.

In all the @epochhive folders, the epochserver.ini files are similar.  The [EpochServer] section is different, but the [Redis] section is the same.

Do I need to change the [Redis] section?  Or, do I need to run a separate instance of redis-server.exe?

TIA

Simple Man

13 answers to this question

hrm? the instance id doesn't get listed in the .conf, nor does the db #. at least ive never had to add those in.

The general format for that file is

bind <you're ip here>
maxmemory 4gb
save 900 1
save 300 10
save 60 1000
requirepass <yourpasshere>

your id, port, and db instance is designated in the .ini file when the epochhive is called to redis' while the exe is already running.

You can run same redisserver.exe for all 3, but in case of rollbacks you will rollback all 3, which isn't what you want.

To be able to do 3 seperate redis servers you need TONS of memory and drive space !!!!

Run redis 3 times, each on the same IP, but a different port, use same DB number

Start redis 3 times, in different folders , with command line : 

redis-server.exe --port 6379

redis-server.exe --port 6380

redis-server.exe --port 6381

or any port you like.

Then each folder will have a dump.rdb, and each server will listen to a different port.

Match your Epoch server cfg to the proper port.

I have done everything but the redis secondary loadup closes right away.

Any suggestions? I have done the ini file, the renaming of folders and files to redis-server2 etc...

port 6380 etc.

2nd setup (copy and paste) to a new folder called arma3server2

redis.conf

bind=127.0.0.1

password = nottellingyou

redis2.conf

bind =127.0.0.1

password = test

cmd

start redis-server2.exe redis2.conf

server 1 is standard

steam ports in config_test.cfg

router is all forwarded as the first server works and so does the second server. The ports are wide open at this time for testing purposes.

startup goes to the areas and tries to start the redis database 3-5 seconds later it closes, while the first database is open.

So to me it still sees the first one active but the 2nd one tries to talk to it, as its open then closes.

What on earth could be closing this down.

Edit:

Rebooting and trying it by itself to do a self test.

Redis starts normal, then loads arma. It said on port 6379, and I asked for it to be 6380

arma on port 2322

oddly arma 3 shuts down but database stays open. Weird stuff.