Message to user with wrong or missing mods

wrt12345

People are joining my server and they clearly have the wrong mods installed so cant join,i have turned of my mod off to see what they see when they are trying to connect but it shows nothing no message or nothing.

My question is : how do you give a message to say goto a website or tell them they are missing a mod to join this server ??

Any help would be great thanks.

Well, Goodluck with that.

In Arma 2 it would show on the botom what you are missing, Arma 3 does not tell you anything...

Something you could try is turn on signature checks, but I don't even know if that'll work & it won't allow you to give a specific message.

If you find something to fix this, post it, you'll make alot of people happy :)

I have alot of this ... Players not knowing what to use or have to play A3 Epoch ..  TRY THIS ..

1, Download A3Launcher           http://a3launcher.com/   follow the install instructions

2 add  Epoch 0.2.5.2 mod and allinarmamappack mod 

3 Look for a server and play ... If for some reason you have not installed a mod for the server you have picked to play A3launcher tells you and offers you to download 

So NO reason anyone should not get to Play A3 Epoch NOW  !!

@ The_Eye,

If I had a dollar for every time someone came to me saying,"I cannot find such and such a server".

My response is "how are you launching the game?"

inquisitive human: "I'm using A3 Launcher"

STENCH: "It's SHIT don't use it"

inquisitive human:"why"

STENCH: "Use the ArmA3 Multiplayer Server Menu>Filter Epoch>See All Servers>Profit"

i see, send it when you see them connecting or something

?

Yep,hit with a quick fire message with a directive to jump on TS if they are having issues joining your server.

Dont know if this is relevant to this experience, but it also looks like there are two versions being promoted from http://epochmod.com/download.php :

- Info link leads to the BI forum post for AiA -> version dated 2015-01-01 ( + hotfix)

- Direct Torrent link -> version dated 2014-10-18  (what most people are likely using)

- PlayWithSix link -> version dated 2015-01-02 (likely just the 2015-01-01 hotfix date for withSix)

Not sure if this is the case, but from what I have seen, players with the PlayWithSix version is unable to connect (immediately get disconnected) to servers running the 2014-10-18 version, likely due to their AiA version having non-recognized bikeys.

I have yet to test the A3Launcher to see what version it gives, but you will still have tons of people having the wrong version trying to connect.