Server Limit On Modular Items

Crystal

Question

We've had a huge influx of people visiting the server since 1.0.2.4, and some of the older members modular bases have started to disappear piece by piece as new people are making new bases.

Is there a limit to the number of pieces on the server? If so, how can I change it? Any thoughts?

8 answers to this question

You change the setting by adding the following to your init.sqf

DZE_BuildingLimit = 600; //Buildinglimit

The vanilla limit is 300 , 600 is my setting with buildings etc that require maintenance every 90 days, the vanilla setting is 7, that is setup in hiveExt.ini as: CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 90

Good luck.

We've had a huge influx of people visiting the server since 1.0.2.4, and some of the older members modular bases have started to disappear piece by piece as new people are making new bases.

Is there a limit to the number of pieces on the server? If so, how can I change it? Any thoughts?

There is no limit to the number of objects on the server, however it should be kept as low as possible by using an aggressive cleanup/maintain window. The issue your noticing is likely the 6 day cleanup. Have you setup the SQL event so that it will allow players to maintain the objects after 3 days? Also we do not recommend changing DZE_BuildingLimit as it will only allow for more complex bases that can cause issues.

Ah right - ok....

We've changed our limit to 1000 - eeek! Our player base is rarely ever larger than 20-25 in peak time. I supopse we should allow for how many people might only spend a day or two in the server throwing up a camp before moving on.

The SQL event you mentioned - how do I do that? At the moment we have only implemented what Razorman suggested above, editing the Hiveext.ini etc.

Ideally we'd like people to only have to maintain once a fortnight. Or do you think that will be an issue?