Drone/AI Spawn & Despawn Question

DrScandalous

The AI will persist for a short time.  I recall seeing a timer in the code, that if after a certain period of time they did not detect any players they would despawn.

My experience has been the same. I have had AI spawn, avoided them for a while, then they simply vanish (maybe like 5 minutes)....

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if you can actually evade the UAV (without logging off) before it has spawned any AI? Personally, I've never been able to lose the UAV (or the dogs, but that's another matter) so if I'm a fresh spawn I'm completely boned unless I manage to quickly find a gun.

Not complaining here, just wondering if I should bother trying to evade or simply bend over if I'm unarmed.

Anyone know if you can actually evade the UAV (without logging off) before it has spawned any AI? Personally, I've never been able to lose the UAV (or the dogs, but that's another matter) so if I'm a fresh spawn I'm completely boned unless I manage to quickly find a gun.

Not complaining here, just wondering if I should bother trying to evade or simply bend over if I'm unarmed.

Has to have been 480seconds since it last seen a player, and the target player has to be 800m+ away. Then it targets a new player on the map.

It doesn't actually despawn unless it gets too low on gas, or gets shot.

Has to have been 480seconds since it last seen a player, and the target player has to be 800m+ away. Then it targets a new player on the map.

It doesn't actually despawn unless it gets too low on gas, or gets shot.

Thanks. I'm going to see if "waiting out" a UAV works the next time I encounter one. The 800m distance is strange because it's effectively unlimited chasing distance if the player doesn't have a vehicle handy.