Turning off container markers removes containers?

BetterDeadThanZed

• 3 weeks later...

Did you turn them off because the marks never go away?

I was thinking the same thing, but like having them in as objectives. 

I turned them off because I thought it made it too easy.

I still haven't found a single container as far as I know. Does anyone have a picture of what the spawned ones look like?

It's just a red container on the coast. They seem to dissapear after a while, but the markers dont. I have found the loot inside to not be worth the while but i may have been unlucky.

Definatley agree that the loot isn't worth the  hassle of getting there, a 10k hike for two electrical components.

Even with a full server, only a couple spawn every restart. Since you have turned off the markers, there is a low chance you will randomly find one. (Keep in mind they only spawn in the coast or in the swamp). If you want to see them more often, I would go into the server config files are turn up the setting that dictates how often these types if things happen. 

Even with a full server, only a couple spawn every restart. Since you have turned off the markers, there is a low chance you will randomly find one. (Keep in mind they only spawn in the coast or in the swamp). If you want to see them more often, I would go into the server config files are turn up the setting that dictates how often these types if things happen. 

When I was on servers with the markers enabled, I've seen many more than "a couple". I've seen them all around the map.

When I was on servers with the markers enabled, I've seen many more than "a couple". I've seen them all around the map.

The server I play on and that server you played on may have turned up or down the shipping container spawn rate. The point is, if you want a better chance of randomly finding one, I think turning up the spawn rate of them would help.