My friend's Overpoch woes

VibroKnife

I didn't see a troubleshooting forum, so ill wait for a mod to move this thread if need be. 

Simply put my friend is this "You can not play or edit this mission" or however it is worded when he tries to join a Overpoch Taviana server. It's a nightmare. We've exausted options for weeks to fix his problem. Theres literally no reason he should be getting errors. All his stuff is up to date, he has the mods, the updates, the parameters, EVERYTHING. And it won't work. How can we begin to diagnose this?

He says he gets put in the unique loading screen for the server, but then it sends him to the main menu of arma 2. Just great.

We were playing Overpoch Chenaurus this summer and stopped for a few months. Come back, and now his game won't work. Wee fun.

Is he playing with an activated Steam copy that wasn't originally bought on Steam?

I had a similar issue, I think I fixed by changing the file location in DayZ Commander back to my old Arrowhead folder, verifying ( which made it all effed up), then switching the file location back to Steam then re-verifying the Arrowhead file using DayZ Commander.

Now it works but if I load it up outside DayZ Commander it still shows mods are active that I didnt enable (beta, expansion).

Use Dayz Launcher. Commander is broken garbage....   You dont need parameters to join with DayZ Launcher either.  If you dont have the mods, instead of trying to join anyway, it will download the correct mods 1st. If you dont want to redownload some mods you'll have to rename them in your /steamapps/common/arma2 operation arrowhead folded, off the top of my head @Dayz_Epoch needs to be renamed to @Dayz_Epoch1051 and if you have Origins, it will need to be renamed to @DayzOrigins179.  

Overwatch and Taviana however remain the same and launcher will recognize them, If this confuses you, delete your mods and let DayZ Launcher re-download them for you.

THE BETTER CHOICE IS HERE

And if you're trying to get on CreditCardGaming servers (which i dont recommend as their are many other populated, well administered servers that arent after your $ ) , the reason you might not be getting on the taviana server, is that it uses origins and not taviana for the map.

It may or may not be an incorrect version.  For example, when I put the new WAI in my system, I started getting that message, along with the second half ... because of deleted content, XXX where XXX was a weapon or object. It turned out to be that WAI (with Overwatch extensions) had a list of weapons that were allowable for the AI to use.   In some cases they weren't listed in my mission.sqm file and adding them made those go away.  But a few still generated the message even when they were in mission.sqm.  I just had to comment those out for now.  In my case, even though I got the msgs, it still let us play.  

So it could be due to an array or list that has an object in it that isn't defined in your game.  Do you get any "deleted content" messages with it?  

In my case it was the array in WAI but I imagine it could happen with any script that has an array or list in it.  Did he just put in a new script or mod before this started happening?  If so, open up all the .sqf files associated with it and search for the deleted object name.

Your friend is either using a different mod version to the server or the launch parameters are wrong or as oSoDirty says the wrong map.

What server you trying to join ? give me the IP & Port and i'll get you all the info you need.

He has the right map, and all of his mods say they're up to date. We haven't checked version numbers though. We're just going off of what Commander is telling him.

As for server, really any Overpoch Taviana server. None of them work for him. As for preference I remember I used to be able to play on a server series called Firecock. But for some reason I cannot join any of their servers anymore, getting the same situation as my friend. But almost any other Overpoch Taviana server I can join.

I think this might be because Origins is integrated into this server? It says Origins in the title, and my Origins mod is corrupted. So wanted to double check. I wasn't aware servers were adding in Origins, and I haven't played on this server before with any Origin parameters, so this confuses me.

So preferably we'd like to play on Firecock. Any server is another option though.

So after coming to the conclusion that he was actually joining servers that had Origins integrated into them, which is why he couldn't join them, now he cannot download Origins. 

So apparently whenever he tries to download Origins it will start downloading then give him some sort of error symbol like a red triangle, and refuse to start downloading. After this our other friend tried to get on after months of not playing and says he cannot update his DayZ mod from 1.8.1 to 1.8.3 and gets the same red triangle error when he tries to update it to the latest version.

Use Dayz Launcher. Commander is broken garbage....   You dont need parameters to join with DayZ Launcher either.  If you dont have the mods, instead of trying to join anyway, it will download the correct mods 1st. If you dont want to redownload some mods you'll have to rename them in your /steamapps/common/arma2 operation arrowhead folded, off the top of my head @Dayz_Epoch needs to be renamed to @Dayz_Epoch1051 and if you have Origins, it will need to be renamed to @DayzOrigins179.  

Overwatch and Taviana however remain the same and launcher will recognize them, If this confuses you, delete your mods and let DayZ Launcher re-download them for you.

THE BETTER CHOICE IS HERE

Do you know where I can get a list of the mods I need to rename? I get this error message when I try launching that says I'm missing the Chenarus map.