TheVampire

VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

Are you sure? If you are loading a new folder through the server's command line, doesn't that usually require the client to also load the same command line?

You can make addons that only need to be server side, but only as long as they add scripts. Any addons that add sound or models needs a clientside version also.

Also u could customise this a bit, so u dont have to use any startparameters, just a little bit editing...

But first we have to wait for finish...

Props to Vampire from me, too !! ^_^

You could change it to go in the serverside.pbo when they open it up for modding, or call it clientside (but you would have to change all the paths) and call it using isServer commands.

we going to be able to use this file to run a AI city also? would be sweet :P

Static spawns are planned but won't be in the first version.

Vampire, loved the work that you did in dayz epoch, ecstatic that your bringing the mission framework into the picture.

- Shane 

Same here ! We have been running DZMS since its release and our players have really enjoyed it.  Looking forward to the release of something substantive with which to run missions in A3 Epoch.

You could change it to go in the serverside.pbo when they open it up for modding, or call it clientside (but you would have to change all the paths) and call it using isServer commands.

Not entirely true. I mean a "second" server.pbo, a custom one. Thats nearly the same like an addon, but without these parameters. Just a bit changing of paths, thats right and creating a .cpp, well done :)

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

:P

Don't make me revert the server to vanilla.

Well that's what I threaten my players with anyway

And that really don't work right now cuz it basically is vanilla

this post went pretty quiet.. any updates Vamp?

last update on the githut is 5 dayz ago. I guess its all in his test server before he puts them up.

changelog from 5 dayz ago

// ===================================================== //

[Added] Initial Code
[Added] Dynamic Town Invasion
[Added] VEMF Addon Support (Needs Refined)
[Added] Caching Watchdog (To Cache and Respawn Units)

[Working On] Temporary Vehicles (Non-Hived)
[Working On] Permanent Vehicles (Hived)
[Working On] Unit Spawning
[Working On] Dynamic Town Invasion Mission

Thanks to:
Richie (UKGZ) - Development Server Provider
Epoch Mod Team for Arma 3: Epoch Development

Patreon Supporters:
    Thanks for the "Amazing" support! It really
motivates me to keep up the work!

Patrons (In No Particular Order):
 - Vendaar
 - Psych3UK
 - GaspArt

// ===================================================== //

Been busy with holidays. Time to get back to work.

I should be able to have a dev version soon.

Also current status is I'm working out the AI spawning script variables, then I will test AI spawning to make sure those scripts work.

Then all that should be left is making sure the dynamic town invasion works, and set up some debugging.

Been busy with holidays. Time to get back to work.

I should be able to have a dev version soon.

Also current status is I'm working out the AI spawning script variables, then I will test AI spawning to make sure those scripts work.

Then all that should be left is making sure the dynamic town invasion works, and set up some debugging.

All good, just wanted too hear about the progress.

Thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Porkeld
      A3_vemf_Re_reloaded
      Vemf_reloaded was originally made by IT07 and last commit on vemf_reloaded was in 2017....
      I really like this mission script, but in my opinion it was missing some essential features compared to other mission systems.
      So I decided to add and fix some of the stuff for vemf.
      Check the Changelog for fixes and new stuff.

All credit goes to IT07 for coding this and also a big THANK YOU to Ghostrider [GRG] for helping and always being helpfull when needed :-)
      Check readme and how to install.txt

Download https://github.com/Porkeld/A3_vemf_re-reloaded

If you have any questions/bug reports or ideas for vemf_re_reloaded then find me on discord Porkeld#1506 
    • By JasonTM
      Download the files for DZMS Overpoch 1.0.6.2 Here: https://github.com/worldwidesorrow/DZMS-DayZMissionSystem-Overpoch

This is an update to the DayZ Mission System by Vampire that was updated for DayZ Epoch 1.0.6.1 by ebayShopper: https://github.com/ebayShopper/DZMS-DayZMissionSystem
      This includes adding a few missions from EMS 0.3 by Fuchs:

Updates:
      1. Added a variable in DZMSConfig.sqf to enable the AI to have money in their wallets if ZSC is installed.
      //If you have ZSC installed then you can set this to true to place money in ai wallets. DZMSAICheckWallet = false; 2. Added the Overwatch weapons to the AI and Crate configs.
      3. Expanded the selection of gear and vehicles available to the missions, AI config, and crate spawns.
      4. Created additional crate spawning options.
      5. Changed "UH60Wreck_DZ" to "UH60_ARMY_Wreck_burned_DZ" in minor mission SM4 because of "Cannot create non-ai vehicle UH60Wreck_DZ" error.
      6. Converted the format of a few EMS 0.3 missions and added them to the mission spawning arrays.
      7. There is an issue with the new small ammo boxes and medical crates which is not resolved.

Here is a list of all of the Major and Minor missions with a few notes.

Demo Video

• By Grahame
      ARMA3 DayZ Mission System (DZMS)
      This is a purely derivative port of the DayZ Mission System to ARMA3/Epoch. I have added functionality where appropriate (equipping uniforms for example) and stripped and replaced ARMA2 or DayZ/Epoch specific code in this implementation.
      The DayZ Mission System is a very good, lightweight and modular mission system.
      Credits
      There are a lot of people who have contributed to DZMS on A2/DayZ/Epoch. Please check the links below for many of them. Personally they all have my thanks for providing a solid mission system that has been a lot of fun to play in the years I've spent on DayZ/Epoch:
      Download
      Download from GitHub at:
      https://github.com/morgoth0/A3E-DZMS
      Installation Instructions
      If using Vanilla ARMA3/Epoch, and you just want to just try it out simply download and upload the DZMS.pbo in the @EpochHive folder into the @EpochHive/addons folder on your server.
      The source files, including the three config files are located in the DZMS folder on GitHub
      Coming soon
      All the missions included within the latest version of DZMS 1.1 uploaded by @JasonTM will be implemented using CUP Terrains Core for use on maps and servers that support it. A module to support Static weapons at missions More diverse and varied loot tables for custom crates A port of the DZMS Hotspots code for roadblocks and other such interesting things The ability to run multiple major, minor and hotspot missions Better configuration instructions and a mission file design tutorial
    • By TheVampire
      Vampire's Vehicle Degradation
      -------------------------------------------
      Are you tired of those perfect drivers who never have to repair their vehicles?
      Are you tired of the unrealistic effects of vehicles not wearing down with use?
      Do you think that players need to spend more money to keep their vehicles running?
      Well then I have a script for you!

What is it?
      This script allows you to configure vehicles to take damage over time while they are in use.
      You set an amount of time a player must be driving and an amount of damage to give to the vehicle for them driving that amount.
      You can also configure the locations to damage the vehicle, the type of vehicle, how far they have to have moved in the time limit, and more!

Where can I get it?
      It's available here:
      https://github.com/SMVampire/Vamp-Vehicle-Degradation

What if I have issues?
      You can post about it here to see if others can help you, or you can open an issue on the github here:
      https://github.com/SMVampire/Vamp-Vehicle-Degradation/issues

Can I alter your code and release it as a different mod and/or combine it with a different mod?
      This code is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0):
      https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
      If you are unsure if your intended use is in violation of my license, please send me a PM.
    • By TheVampire
      DZMS is a logic and useability rewrite of the DayZChernarus Mission System.
      DZMS should be considered as an "updated" DayZChernarus Mission System.

Why Use DZMS instead of DayZChernarus MS?
      DZMS has a simple Configuration File, no more digging through code No more junk code! (Anyone who has read add_unit_server will understand) Simple Install! DZMS Requires a single line edit. No more server_cleanup confusion! No more messy mission code! DZMS uses functions for most code. DZMS is rewrote with all maps in mind, not just Chernarus. Hence the Generic Rename. DZMS is completely server sided! No marker files needed in the Mission PBO! No more "Novy Sobor Bug"! Plus, many features have been added!
      Option to save vehicles to the database! If Vehicle Saving is off, Users are warned when entering vehicles! Randomized Crate Loot! No more static crate loot! Adjustable Body Despawn Time! Optional: AI Ran Over have no gear! More!  
      The Current Version is v1.2

Download Instructions: https://github.com/SMVampire/DZMS-DayZMissionSystem
      Project Tracking: https://github.com/SMVampire/DZMS-DayZMissionSystem/projects

(Note: I have given The Fuchs permission to use DZMS as the base for EMS.)
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord