2.5.1. Food & Drinks

nedfox

Umm, guys, I have an interesting point to ask/make. Is anyone sure that lack of food or drink has consequences? My group has been running around (on a private server) forever and it seems that having Hunger and Thrist at zero doesn't do anything...

EDIT: Keep in mind that the server is vanilla with no other mods...

You gain fatigue almost immediately, which is a major annoyance when trying to find food/drink on the vast map. it certainly hinders your character in battle also, which is an interesting dynamic.

My Epoch character is gonna get fat.. really fat. 

He won't want to do anything.

He eats and drinks all the time.

He's on an endless quest just for a drink and a chocolate bar.

He has issues

:)

I'm getting hungry/thirsty faster than I can shove them down the characters throat.

Instead of increasing the chance to find food/drink which would affect the loot balance of everything, just reduce the rate which hunger/thirst is consumed. I do love how much harder A3 Epoch is compared to A2 Epoch, but when 75% of your gameplay revolves around finding food/drink, it kinda blows. The ability to refill glass jars makes keeping thirst rather simple, so it's not much of an issue. The food, however, is a bit of a problem imo.

• 2 weeks later...

This post is just to thank the devs for addressing the food/drinks problem, having played 5.2 for a few days the balance seems to be correct and has stopped me cancelling my present epoch server.

I am looking forward to the next update which perhaps will give more depth to the mod.