Can we make the garage door frame a bit taller to allow the passage of cargo trucks

mikeloeven

the garage door frame should be stretched a bit to allow trucks and busses to pass under it. currently in order to acomplish this the door must be positioned ontop of 2 hcubes which allows players to simple crawl under the door defeating the whole purpose. additionally as a short cut you could simply disable colision when the door is in the up position allowing large vehicles to simply pass through without having to redesign the whole model

Yes please. Hmm... Got an idea.. Could it be possible to tow a truck inside? We towed a small plane yesterday and for test purposes we drove all over the place without the plane getting any damage at all when driving through gates and reversing in to buildings. Can test it myself due to sitting at work doing some... umm... "work" right now thinking building strategy :P If no one else gets to test it, I'll post results later in the evening :)

Yes please. Hmm... Got an idea.. Could it be possible to tow a truck inside? We towed a small plane yesterday and for test purposes we drove all over the place without the plane getting any damage at all when driving through gates and reversing in to buildings. Can test it myself due to sitting at work doing some... umm... "work" right now thinking building strategy :P If no one else gets to test it, I'll post results later in the evening :)

HA! It worked. I successfully towed a V35 fueltruck with a SUV through the wooden door without it taking damage. Happy days!

HA! It worked. I successfully towed a V35 fueltruck with a SUV through the wooden door without it taking damage. Happy days!

i dont think this work around is viable for everyone as it relys on a 3rd party towing script that many servers do not use in order to get around an obvious flaw

the garage door frame should be stretched a bit to allow trucks and busses to pass under it. currently in order to acomplish this the door must be positioned ontop of 2 hcubes which allows players to simple crawl under the door defeating the whole purpose. additionally as a short cut you could simply disable colision when the door is in the up position allowing large vehicles to simply pass through without having to redesign the whole model

Disabling collision wouldn't be a good idea, but making a NEW door that is larger and maybe made entirely of metal, would be a good idea.

I have placed a metal floor before and after garage doorway which stops all the bullets to go further.

Alternatively, you can think about 2 small v-shape walls as shown in the draft below

23i6p8p.jpg

I have done this on one of my bases where my garage doorway was raised up 3 times.

Players will not be able to slide under it or shoot anything behind the v-shape wall other then the wall itself.

I have no trouble with entering any vehicles with this solution at all.

But of course, your idea to make the gate taller is good. +1

• 1 month later...

I'm for a higher door as well..this is the only real week point of our current base.. easy to crawl under and looks aweful..ether make this bigger or can we have a much taller part added..don't mind higher build costs but this is def requiered!

Why not use double vertically hinged doors with no lintal beam ( the horzional beam across the top of the door )

simlar to these

Garage-4-after-800-by-600.png

exactly what I said in the post above, thanks for the pic, I was on my mobile at the time so I could not provide one.

• 2 months later...

So I've read several workarounds, such as raising the garage door up, shooting the tires of the MTVR each time you want to put it in the garage, and towing the MTVR in. What is the best workaround and is this issue currently being worked on?

I just built a garage and then couldn't get the vehicle in. Shooting the tires didn't lower it enough and there is no towing on my server.

I would think the best alternative would be to create a metal door that hinges horizontally instead of vertically.  Hinged horizontally, you could make it the full height of a wall, and, you could take it a step further and have the ability to add an additional door next to it so that you have a double door.  If each door is the full width of a wall section, two installed next to each other would make an opening large enough for some of the Heli's (ie, a hanger, though you would likely have to have a towing mod of some sort to tow it into the doorway)