maintain walls etc

Willids

I have just tried to maintain a wall in my building and am unable to do so, has this option been removed in the last update (epoch 1.0.2.4). The upgrade option is there but not the maintain option.

Even when I run the basic code (no mods etc) it is still not showing.

Thanks

Your server admin needs to set the SQL task that adds damage after a certain amount of time. All the documentation so far has said that it comes up when the damage is set to .1, but I have found the option to maintain doesnt come up until it is more. I have set mine to 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity...how exactly do you do the maintenance?  You click any random wall/floor and maintain (for the entire building)?  Or is it every frigging single piece of material you created?  Because that would drive me nuts to have such an inefficient method to maintain....

The part about this that I don't understand is why there is a need for maintenance to begin with. 

Bases can be destroyed so easily that any vacant base or object can easily be dealt with.  If a server Admin can't take care of this stuff people are going to migrate off the server anyway.

There is much more work for players trying to maintain hundreds of items, or for server Admins who are just removing the need to maintain altogether with this method I believe. 

On the other hand I do like the need to continue scavenging for loot, it maintains the need for looting/crafting activities.

The part about this that I don't understand is why there is a need for maintenance to begin with. 

Bases can be destroyed so easily that any vacant base or object can easily be dealt with.  If a server Admin can't take care of this stuff people are going to migrate off the server anyway.

There is much more work for players trying to maintain hundreds of items, or for server Admins who are just removing the need to maintain altogether with this method I believe. 

On the other hand I do like the need to continue scavenging for loot, it maintains the need for looting/crafting activities.

It achieves both an auto cleanup of items from the DB (no admin wants to be deleting them manually, what if I deleted your wall not your old neighbors) and yes, giving the player something to continue to work towards.

Is there anyway in this game to create a...how would you say it?  Single design....What I am trying to say is:  You build a floor with 4 walls and roof....now it is considered 1 item....instead of 6 separate items as it is now....so you can maintain 1 item (the completed house/building) rather than maintaining all separate pieces?

Would be good to make like blueprints....you place the "blueprint on the ground" then add all the required pieces and in the end, it will use a large timer for construction but you will build the entire building (if you have all the pieces) or it will just keep adding and adjusting the timer for completion until it receives the final piece when it can actually complete the process.

This is the Plan of the Dev Team to include more larger objects with diffrent functions to reduce the object count on the Server

i have my hive set to 28 days, now i did the db entry about 2 weeks ago that set everything to .1 damage, however looking in the db 2 weeks later everything is still set on .1 damage, is this right?

Yes this is correct.

It achieves both an auto cleanup of items from the DB (no admin wants to be deleting them manually, what if I deleted your wall not your old neighbors) and yes, giving the player something to continue to work towards.

Is there anyway in this game to create a...how would you say it?  Single design....What I am trying to say is:  You build a floor with 4 walls and roof....now it is considered 1 item....instead of 6 separate items as it is now....so you can maintain 1 item (the completed house/building) rather than maintaining all separate pieces?

Would be good to make like blueprints....you place the "blueprint on the ground" then add all the required pieces and in the end, it will use a large timer for construction but you will build the entire building (if you have all the pieces) or it will just keep adding and adjusting the timer for completion until it receives the final piece when it can actually complete the process.

The Server didnt know what a building is  ;) He only know each single piece, and this is what you have to maintain. Yes, every single Wall / Floor

Solution make it so instead of it been having o repair every wall but make it so 1st all stuff is set to 1/2 (make it easy for big bases) but have it so u place a plot pole and wen u walk to the pole it gives u the option to repair all walls/floors etc within the 30m radius and boom no longer have 100000 people complaining but also add it so if server want they can still change x amount of days till it needs repairing.

1/2 meaning whatever the cost to maintain half it 4 wood walls = 2 wood and etc

people without plot pole will have to use old way this will also help people start groups so they can get the founds to get plot pole and have a big base going instead of making the smallest but easiest base to maintain.