Spawn Locations feedback.

YarwoodUK

I've a suggestion regards the spawn locations and am interested to hear the feedback from players.

I was thinking of the following.

4 places to choose, NE/NW/SE/SW etc, and spawn the player within a 5 km x5 km location of that area (if that makes sense)

If the player spawns in a random location within a certain radius then this would help reduce the threat of spawn-camping.

It would prevent;

- the arguments of "I was there to trade and the player tried to steal from my vehicle so I shot him"

- the reports of "Player X just killed unarmed player Y at Neochori - spawnkiller!" etc.

Also would be an interesting, more hardcore experience, i.e. the player has to figure out where they have spawned, which direction is North, which way they must go to find their friends/targets etc.

It would take careful planning so as one spawn isn't biased towards loot, but still viable?

What do you think?

*5 km can of course be changed, but you get the idea.

I like the random spawn idea, but if people don't like where they spawn, it is too easy to kill themselves and respawn infinitely until they get where they want to be (which is bad if they are trying to get back to a large clan fight and can just keep coming back and the fight never ends). Maybe if you kill yourself a few times, you have to wait like 10 minutes before you can respawn. 

Suiciding is really bad for server performance from what i understand so to random is not good.

I don't think you should be able to spawn in all 4 corners of the map both both for fighting reasons and for having places to draw back where it might be a bit calmer. 3 choices i believe would be enough. Kalithea bay, Thelos bay and Negades bay i think would be good options and spawn random 3km along those shore lines.

I'm kind of torn on this subject...

I like the current spawn system because it makes it easier to find your friends(or even random people) to team up with. I play lone wolf, & 3x now I've found someone7 new to team up with because we respawned at the same time & just stated talking.

On the other hand... Random coast spawn makes more sense from a realism standpoint.... And an increasing spawn timer if you die too quickly could help prevent suicide spam.

• 4 weeks later...