Suggestion: Spawn area - safe zone

Eggroll

Hello dear developers, I'm really enjoying your mod. It's just brilliant.

But there's one issue on most of servers at the moment = spawnkillers.

The other day i discussed it with CPC server administrator about chance to make spawn area a safe zone, since many players tend to camp the area. Which is just ridiculous, what's the point to killing freshspawn with no gear, who just went 50m out of area.

My suggestion is to make spawn area - safe zone, You can't holster weapon on safe zone. 
Range of safe zone 500m to 1000m, up to you, and so the servers can adjust it. 

This would really help to get rid of spawnkillers, since many players just give up on the mod as they get shot as they leave spawn area.

Thanks for your time,
Best regards,
Richard aka Eggroll | Richy

Do you mean the trader areas, or the actual spawn area with the teleport manholes?  Trader areas are safe if you stay inside. If you leave then it is up to you to stay alive. By expanding it does nothing, they will just sit out a little bit further and still kill you. 

Do you mean the trader areas, or the actual spawn area with the teleport manholes?  Trader areas are safe if you stay inside. If you leave then it is up to you to stay alive. By expanding it does nothing, they will just sit out a little bit further and still kill you. 

Sure, they could still kill you, but it is hard to watch a maybe 100 square meter area  than several hundred or a thousand square meter area. I think a bigger safe zone will at least alleviate the camping problem a little bit. 

For sure they still need to make the safe zones at least a bit bigger. On the edges of debug, you can get killed and 2 of the traders there are outside of the safe zone, so they can get killed too. Same problem with the middle spawn point. 

After dealing with this tonight on the Hostile Intruder server 1 by multiple people, me and a friend just said screw it and logged out and went and played some BattleRoyale.  Unless this problem changes I doubt I will play at full release of the mod, it's just too infuriating to deal with this style of player.  There has to be a better way in dealing with this and Eggroll is on the right track.

I was shot 2 times on 2 different servers, immediately after logging in, still on the initial spawn island with the manhole teleporters. So is there no safe zone at all, or has it been deactivated on those servers? One of them was GPDE02, the other I dont remember.

Safe zones should be an optional feature for the server admin to decide wether to have them or not. So you could have easy servers where even the brown trader spots have safe zones and hardcore servers where you have to watch your back all the time.

We can make a script when we are allowed to tinker with the mod
That will call out anyone killing within say.. 300 meters of the starter area
i.e

"Player X killed player Y within Neochori spawn area"

And introduce the good ol' altis life prison lol :D

As for now the bullets are deleted when shooting inside the rather small savezone :)

This would really help to get rid of spawnkillers, since many players just give up on the mod as they get shot as they leave spawn area.

Thanks for your time,

Best regards,

Richard aka Eggroll | Richy

guys giving up because spawnkill ? you really want to tell us all 3 spawns were camped? or u just want to tell us they were stupid (sry) enough to spawn 10 times at the same spawn just to ragequit ?

someone quit epoch because spawnkill = I would say we can live without .

sure spawnkill is a sometimes boring thing but there are server which are controled by admin´s, these server got rules. most times u can read the server rules on the homepage called out in the server name.

So maybe its up to you to search a server with a spawnkill rule !

I dont like the idea to make the safe zone bigger....

Copyright by Daniel:

"

You forget the nature of Epoch !

It´s very dangerous out there, the poor last survivors are hungry for meat ond orange sherberts ;)

You have to go to a trader?

Please dont do it alone !

You have to spawn?

Run, run like u never did before!

It´s your life!

You only got one !

Epoch

"

Best regards ,

Daniel

EDIT: hmmm a good commercial break text for Epoch :)   copyright by me, Dev´s can contact me for right to use it, but FYI its expensive, dont call me for peanuts ;)

EDIT2: would also trade my copyright for the commercial text for official server files (given by the dev´s) to host a official community server on a high end server! no joke! pls!

guys giving up because spawnkill ? you really want to tell us all 3 spawns were camped? or u just want to tell us they were stupid (sry) enough to spawn 10 times at the same spawn just to ragequit ?

someone quit epoch because spawnkill = I would say we can live without .

sure spawnkill is a sometimes boring thing but there are server which are controled by admin´s, these server got rules. most times u can read the server rules on the homepage called out in the server name.

So maybe its up to you to search a server with a spawnkill rule !

I dont like the idea to make the safe zone bigger....

Not giving up because of spawnkills. Spawncamping, there is a difference. Also how about if it IS on an official server? And the number of times one respawns to get their shit doesn't make them stupid. To assume this is only happening on unofficial ruleless servers is stupid. Interpreting things that you are unsure of and are unaware of can make people look foolish when chiming in with ill thought out replies.

Thomas,

the problem is, i wrote it and you wrote it too, you played on a server with no rules.

Had the server rules?

So the problem is you complain about server admin´s don´t force everybody to follow the rules.

Why is it necessary to come here and complain about spawnkill / spawncamp ?

You have a problem with people who play like they play!

Or You have a problem with admins who dont kick or ban for this = dont have spawnkill rules !

You dont know how to contact a server admin?

When one point above is positive for you, you should change server to one with a rule for it. that causes a nice and kind player on a server with rule against it. BUT when u play on a server without rule, DONT complain! Simpel as fu**

Deal with it ! An example: you also dont complain @ dev/admin when u play on a first person server that third person does not work ! or ? You know, when u connect, what rule you accept ! sounds funny :)

First try to inform you about the server you are going to connect.

Or contact the first player ingame and ask him something about the admins and the server.

There are multiple ways to prevent ragequits because of spawnkill...

What do you think should the admin on the server do?

be 24 hours online to handle all the admin requests because of spawnkill?

There was one possible solution in this thread for this:  increase the "safe-zone"....

Think about it, that would just inrease the line where someone can kill you!

No...you are incorrect. The server DOES have rules. It is one of the OFFICIAL servers. Please reread my post and understand it.

I DID contact a server admin through their forums.

Again Daniel...you assume entirely to much.

And it is stated in the server rules  that camping the spawn traders is a bannable offense.

Please get your facts correct as you seem to not have a clue...

No...you are incorrect. The server DOES have rules. It is one of the OFFICIAL servers. Please reread my post and understand it.

I DID contact a server admin through their forums.

Again Daniel...you assume entirely to much.

And it is stated in the server rules  that camping the spawn traders is a bannable offense.

Please get your facts correct as you seem to not have a clue...

Ok, so you come here for complaining about server admin´s don´t force everyone to follow the server rules?

You come here with a suggestion thread, and when someone is writing something what is against your mind, you say stuff like that.....

Go, search the homepage of the community which hosts the server you playing on and complain about rule brakers.

Why you do it here in the Dev forum ?

Please explain me?

I should get my facts correctly? The fact is, as i told you,  u cant do ANYTHING against spawncamper !!!

Increase the safe zone someone is posting here ! Thats ridiculous!

You dont see what the next step would be? hundreds of forum/admin requests for a complain about spawncamp.

Bigger safezone=more space to brake this rule.

Do you really think, as a serveradmin,  you just walking patrol at the safezone border and got nothing other to do then helping "spawnkilled" freshies ?

You taking it personal.

Its ok to think about it. but seriously. make the safezone bigger, what would that change? Only more spots for camper to hide and kill freshies....

I ONLY told you to search a server where everybody is taking it serious with the rules! I didn´t harassed you or something else....

Daniel, this is a feedback forum, I do not think it means what you think it means...

So lets be perfectly clear what feedback means, see definition below from a dictionary.

Feedback : : helpful information or criticism that is given to someone to say what can be done to improve a performance, product, etc.

Also, I did go to their forum and posted...as I stated in my previous post. But also I figured that I would follow up with "feedback" in the appropriate forum on the appropriate topic here. The more people that are involved in a discussion lends to a larger flow of ideas.

I'm not taking it personal, far from it. You on the other hand obviously have decided that your idea is the only one that will work as you are discarding everything else out of hand. Your mentality is that there is nothing to be done so deal with it...

I commented originally to clarify on assumptions (incorrect ones I might add) that you were making in a general way.

:D

ok you say its feedback and something to discuss ?

why i cant discuss with you? I discuss.

You called the Thread : suggestion

Everybody can write a suggestion.

Everybody can react to this suggestion and make his own suggestion.

Now everybody can react to this new suggestion.

This is how a discussion can be started.

This is the point where you write your post abouve this one !

You brake the chain. You say that I only accept my solution ? Where? give me one statement wrote down by me, where i said this.

I just wanted to discuss with you about the possible solutions given by the people here in this thread.

You cant handle that i show you the efect of increase the safe zone.

You cant handle that somebody thinks your suggestion is not the right one and you cant handle that this guy also says his suggestion dont have to be the right one :)

You just felling harassed. I dont know why.

Maybe because it was you getting ass-kicked on the server by spawnkillers.

I ever said something about you?

You should read all postes again like i did now and you will see:

first post:

suggestion1=> increase safe zone/can´t holster weapon and make spawnzone to a safe zone (btw spawn zone is already safezone........)

already the second post:

tells you a effect of suggestion 1

So here is a discussion already working !

after several postes finaly my post is there.in this post i suggest :

people leave server because spawnkill = I would say we can live without

people should play only on server with active admin´s and where everyone follows the rules

and in a later post i added this suggest too the other two:

come here to EpochMod.com homepage to complain about spawnkill, and make suggestions and cant accept other arguments against your suggestion, as long as Epoch is in alpha and very limited to community hosted Server,  its pointless do discuss something!

Wait for Server files, search a  good server and enjoy your stay.

What you say about the lot work has to be done by the server admin ? I´ve you are a server admin, would you like to be there for 24/7 support ?

Do you really say, you don´t see the problem, when you make the zone bigger, you just increase the spot´s where a spawnkiller can kill you !

You really don´t see, when you holster your weapon, and @ the end of the safezone you have to grab your weapon = stand still for 2-3 seconds, that this is excactly the time when you will be shot down?

These are serious questions to you, dont post again you fell harassed by me ! Please just answer and lets discuss :)