Frequency Jammer Radius

Kaleidoscopic

1. The server you were playing on. BMRF

2. What arma3 build and what Epoch build you are using. Most recent on both

3. What it was you were doing. Bug Explanation: We discovered while trying to infiltrate a base, that the Frequency Jammer is protecting items owned by those people, upwards of 300 to 400 meters away from the jammer, not just 30. We tried several stray building items around the jammer, all the way out to the last of them which was over 300m away, and still being protected. Tried to blow up Jammer, couldn't. Didn't have enough ammo/explosives I guess.

4. Is it repeatable. Yes

I can walk in a straight line from my jammer, 300m in any direction, and it'll be protected, so the idea "150 from either direction" is a royal crock.

The wiki suggests 30, which yes, I know it's can be inaccurate.

Admin maps on severs say 30.

And, I looked on the forums, so if you'd like to show me where a Dev told you it should be 300, I'd appreciate it.  

Well based on what I have heard on the forums and what you physical saw happening yourself on the server, wouldn't you agree that the radius is 300m? I'm gonna say that this isn't a bug because it is doubtful that the devs have mis-typed it and that the value has persisted over several patches. But, no the devs have not explicitly stated the radius, but several people ()on the forums have said it is 300m.

300m is the range

Thank you!

Thanks for chiming in awol . That is so pointlessly large though. No reason to protect 300m of area when most can't find enough to build within 30m.

I think one of the main reasons for having it so large is so people can't grab the building piece right outside of the range and than run into the range. You still could, but it requires a lot more energy.