zed proof walls

Lanmanfm

Question

If I build a wall, I don't think zed should be able to just walk through it. Is there anything I can do to make it so? It seems to me like there is a predefined path that the zed take and if it goes through the wall, they just go. I heard people talking about putting up corrugated fencing to stop this, but I haven't tried it. Plus, it is kind of difficult to put anything up in front of a door that you need to use.

9 answers to this question

This is the Arma code itself.  I've read many discussions on this topic, and have seen a few different answers.  I noticed in the DZAI Bandit config file, there is the a "experimental" option to fix this.  I'm not sure how to go about doing it otherwise.

At my airport base, I have heavy barriers (1 line) and cinderblock behind that with a garage door....the zed pathing allows them still to walk into the heavy barrier and through the cinderblock wall and they then tend to stand around....since they are also on a metal flooring...had that happen with 2 zeds yesterday...when aggroed they stay outside but once the aggro is off...the pathing takes over and allows them to walk through the area....I have seen this in multiple places....am now trying double heavy barrier with cinderblock walls beyond the barriers - (although there is a small path open around the building after the barriers and before the cinder walls to the building itself) at my fueling station/garage complex, but so far they tend to stand just outside the garage doors and move around a bit once aggro is off.  I do not have the double barrier around the full facility yet so I will have to update afterwards...

Its the glitches or the weird pathing....I still get them....and last night I had the misfortune to go afk while I was standing behind my double heavy barrier and one glitched through it and killed me - I got back from bathroom break and found that all too familiar YOU ARE DEAD message awaiting me.....now I lost all my access to my base in order to disassemble my stuff - its so frustrating...wish the base stuff was keyed to my character so even after death I had ownership and could still add/remove....because I am now getting those stupid You have too many objects within 30m messages at my base and since I cannot get any scripts to work with editors I am screwed.