Wall Glitch

WildAnnie

On Mells House server.

Can probably be recreated if you ask the person that did it.

It's not an epoch bug but an Arma 3 exploit. However, reporting it here as instructed.

Player glitched through a building wall. Building is a standard Arma building.

No screenshot - (not sure how you could get one)

This existed in ARMA2 as well, the bug is as old as the engine. I think that glitching through walls to get into bases unfortunately is going to be one of those "you have to accept that it exists"-things. AWOL wrote a "kill"-script for ARMA2 that I believe he is reluctant to bring here, partly because it has killed players when they do legitimate stuff (like go prone in a building and desynch so they end up inside the floor, and other stuff). 

I don't really have a crystal ball, but this glitch is probably the one that will keep haunting everyone throughout the development.

Walls/Ladders can grab hold of your backpack and drag you thru walls or throw you up in the air quite easy if your unlucky. You die sometimes as is already with these bugs and a kill script on that would just not be fun.

Got stuck in a unaccessable room inside the hotel once and tried to glitch out by the corridor but instead got thrown out on the outside and died.

This is one of the reasons why I like white listed server as people tend to be a bit more serious on them not using exploits to ruin for others, does not remove all scum but some at least.

• 3 weeks later...

Elec. That music in that video. 10/10

However there will always be a point of weakness that people will exploit; the door. Unless you have it where you have to move walls that are slanted to get in which would work but be a terror if you are in a rush or have no energy or are in combat.

So don't use a door? 

One group on our server simply has their members move a wall every time they enter or leave their base. XD

So don't use a door? 

One group on our server simply has their members move a wall every time they enter or leave their base. XD

Can still glitch through ground level cinder walls in other undisclosed ways.

In A3E - Double wall and doors do the trick of keeping un-welcome guests out

In A2DZE - Same as above but line cinder walls and doors with wood counterparts

Not sure about walls, but my group put up two cinder doors and a metal door in between, but they tested it and were still able to glitch through. Any specific way to make the double doors glitch proof?

Not sure about walls, but my group put up two cinder doors and a metal door in between, but they tested it and were still able to glitch through. Any specific way to make the double doors glitch proof?

short answer - NO

long answer make an airlock thing.. where the doors are there only to protect you as you move the walls to get in your base

The problem with glitching is a combination of the distance a V-step will take you and the way your character pivots. With the primary gun out the pivot point is under the gun , not under the players feet. This combined with the v-step can get you trough most walls but if the walls are thick enough like 2xcinder walls this would not be a problem. The corugate walls and metal gates have to thin colision model and can be v-stepted with no problem. Devs should just make them thicker. As thick as cinder walls so that we can duble them up.

Another solution would be that Bi changes the pivot point with the gun out. But that opens another can of worms coz people will exploit puting their guns trough the walls and shooting ....

Damn this engien :(

• 1 month later...