Sudden and instant unexplained death

Floyd

I did a quick search but wasn't quite sure what to search for. Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.

Last night, as I walked out of the door of a building housing a trader, I died suddenly and instantly. There was no message that someone killed me. My stats showed I killed myself.  I was  in perfect health prior to my vital signs going critical.

A friend that was with me began gathering my gear and storing it in a nearby vehicle so that I would have time to respawn and retrieve it.  About the time he took the last item from my cold, dead body, he died instantly, too.  No message or explanation given. He was not in perfect health before his death. I think he said he was 40% damaged.

Is this perhaps a bug at this specific location, or death from something we may not have been aware of?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response.

I do recall bumping into him as I exited.  And in the back of my mind, I thought that might have been what happened to me.  I fell forward and was prone, but unless my feet were in the doorway, I don't know if that would be the explanation for his death.  I'll ask him where my body was in relation to the door.

Thanks again.

I don't think it was a snake as I was in perfect health, then instant death.

However, I did not check my toxicity, so I can't say that for certain.  Hearing others having problems with doors really leads me to consider that as the most plausible explanation.  We bumped into each other in the doorway. My friend was entering, I was exiting. Then instant death for me.

I don't think it was a snake as I was in perfect health, then instant death.

However, I did not check my toxicity, so I can't say that for certain.  Hearing others having problems with doors really leads me to consider that as the most plausible explanation.  We bumped into each other in the doorway. My friend was entering, I was exiting. Then instant death for me.

Were you on a Veteran Server? Some servers don't have the death messages. You might have gotten sniped?